$1,500 Annual Dealhack Community Volunteer Scholarship
We the Dealhack community believe that volunteer involvement is an essential part of community development.To cultivate this value, we have decided to reward a college or university student who shows excellent volunteer participation in their community.The winner of the annual volunteer scholarship will receive $1500 that will go towards their tuition.
Location: Not specified
Level of study: Not specified
To qualify to apply, students must:
- Be enrolled full-time at a college or university in the USA or Canada for the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Be in good standing with their current academic institution.
- Demonstrate outstanding community volunteer involvement.
- Have permission from a parent or legal guardian if they are under the age of 18.
How to apply
- Fill out an application form https://dealhack.com/scholarship-application
- Include your name, email address, and the name of your current school and the institution that you will be attending for the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Include the name, phone number, and email address of at least one (1) reference that can verify your volunteer involvement.
- Use your answers to fully explain your community volunteer involvement and what it means to you to be a volunteer. Questions include:
- How do you help in your community?
- How long have you been volunteering?
- Why do you volunteer?
- What does volunteering mean to you and what has it taught you?
- What plans do you have to volunteer in the future?
Dates to note
- The scholarship is open, and we are accepting applications.Closing date: June 30, 2017.
- The winner of the contest will be notified via email and announced on this page no later than 12 midnight PST on August 1st, 2017.
- Payment of the scholarship will be remitted to the winner’s respective academic tuition services department in full no later than August 4th, 2017.
Application review process
Applications will be read and evaluated by two (2) employees of Dealhack. One (1) winner will be chosen based on the perceived value of the applicant’s volunteer activity. References for each of the top three (3) finalists will be contacted to verify their volunteer activities.