2017 Mid-Year Ph.D. Scholarship Opportunities
Macquarie University has 50 International iMQRTP and 50 Domestic MQRTP mid-year Ph.D. scholarships available to eligible newly commencing Ph.D. candidates and candidates who began their Ph.D. in 2017 only.
Successful applicants must meet Macquarie’s direct Ph.D. admission and scholarship criteria for direct entry to a Ph.D. and must start by 15 December 2017.
Applicants are encouraged to start submitting their applications together with the supporting documents to avoid processing delays.
These scholarships will be competitively rated, ranked and offered to the top 50 international and 50 domestic Ph.D. applicants.
Macquarie University funds Higher Degree Research (HDR) scholarships through the Macquarie Research Training Program Scholarship Scheme (MQRTP) for both international and local candidates.The Australian Government and Macquarie University offer a tuition fee offset through the Research Training Program (RTP)didates. Also, we fund postgraduate candidates of exceptional research promise and develop researchers with a proven capacity for research.
Location: Macquarie University
The level of study: PhD
Deadline: May 10, 2017
Duration of study: three years full-time
The Australian Government and Macquarie University offer a tuition fee offset through the Research Training Program (RTP).Under the MQRTP scheme, Macquarie University offers international and domestic candidates a living allowance stipend of up to a maximum of three years for a full-time Ph.D., valued at $26,682 (indexed annually) per annum tax exempt (2017 rate) paid as a fortnightly stipend. International candidates must organize and pay for their own Overseas Health Cover (OSHC).
- Applicants commencing their Ph.D. program at MQ in 2017.
- Candidates who have already begun in 2017.
- Applicant should be eligible for direct entry into the three-year Ph.D. program.
- Applicants must meet the University’s HDR English Language Requirements. Candidates who have not met the English language requirements at the time of application are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates are expected to undertake full-time, internal, on-site candidature at Macquarie University by 15 December 2017.
- Candidates will get rated against the scholarship rating guidelines.
- Not a currently enrolled candidate in Macquarie’s Master of Research (MRes) program
- New applicants yet to submit a request must provide a complete application via the eApplication portal.The following documents should accompany the application: transcripts, degrees/statement of completion, English proficiency evidence, proposal and other relevant documentation.
- Applicants must request referees to email reports to HDRO office as soon as possible.
- The candidate must select “2017 Mid-Year MQRTP” in the scholarship section to complete their application.
- Candidates who commenced in 2017 (including those who have completed the Master of Research program at Macquarie University and progressing into the Ph.D. but did not meet the Ph.D. scholarship criteria) must submit a scholarship application form to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “2017 Mid-Year MQRTP” and include your student ID number.
- International and domestic candidates who have currently been offered candidature for 2017 commencement and have not yet enrolled in their Ph.D. program are eligible to apply for these scholarships if they can start by 15 December 2017.
Please notify email@example.com with the subject line: “2017 Mid-Year MQRTP” and include your student ID number. If you have not previously applied for scholarships, you will need to complete a scholarship application.
- An outstanding academic record a history of awards and prizes for research.
- May have evidence of peer-reviewed research activity, such as publications and conference presentations.
- All applications should be submitted online.
- Incomplete applications cannot be considered, and all required supporting documentation needs to be provided at application stage to avoid processing delays.
- Outcomes will be available to applicants by mid-July 2017
- Candidates won’t be in a position to defer the offer beyond 2017.