Turkey’s 2017 Turkey scholarships graduate program is now open. Applications are exclusively intended for candidates from all over the world who want to pursue master and PhD studies in Türkiye.
Location of Study: Turkey
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarship
Faculty of study
- Airplane Ticket or Airfare: The scholarship covers an economy class flight with the shortest route between a scholar’s country and Korea. A one-way ticket to Korea will be offered to each scholar at the beginning of the scholarship program; another one-way ticket from Korea will be offered for those who complete their studies under the scholarship program;
- Monthly Stipend: 800,000 KRW per month;
- Tuition: The tuition fee up to 5 million KRW is covered by NIIED. In case the tuition is higher than 5 million KRW, the exceeding amount is covered by the host university. The university entrance fee is covered by the host university;
- Settlement Allowance: 200,000 KRW upon arrival;
- Scholarship Completion Grants: 100,000 KRW upon completion of studies;
- Korean Language Training: The full cost for the 1 year is covered by NIIED and the language institution.
- Medical Insurance: Scholars are covered by health insurance for major accidents and illnesses during their scholarship period;
- Korean Proficiency Grants: Scholars with level 5 or 6 on TOPIK will receive 100,000 KRW won per month during the degree program.
Candidates are required to meet the qualifications (GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, DELF, YDS, ALES, etc.) set by the universities and departments that can be selected through the application system. Candidates who do not have the required documents will not be considered for the scholarship.
Applications made by post or in person will not be accepted.
Candidates who will apply for a master’s degree must be born not earlier than 01.01.1987, whereas candidates for PhD degree must be born not earlier than 01.01.1982.
Candidates who will apply for Türkiye Scholarships must have graduated from an appropriate program with respect to the scholarship level they are applying for (e.g. have a university diploma if applying for a master program, or hold a master’s degree if applying for a PhD program), or be able to graduate at the end of the current academic year.
Turkish citizens and those who have lost Turkish citizenship for any reason cannot apply for Türkiye Scholarships.
Candidates cannot be currently enrolled in academic program in Türkiye at the level they will apply for.
Candidates are expected to have a required degree of academic achievement with respect to the scholarship and program level they are applying for (you may find the academic achievement grades required by scholarship programs at www.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr).
How to Apply
Applications will only be accepted through the application system at www.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr website, where candidates will fill in the information and upload their documents as requested. There are no institutions or individuals authorized to perform applications for Türkiye Scholarships on behalf of candidates; all candidates must apply in person. Candidates are strongly advised to carefully read the instructions and warnings provided by the application system.