The Bachelor of Accounting Scholarship is a co-operative education program, being a three-way partnership between University of Technology Sydney Bachelor, the sponsor organizations and the students.
All students in the Bachelor of Accounting program receive a generous income tax-exempt scholarship per year for 3 years (subject to Recruitment Incentive being paid out), paid in fortnightly installments.
Application Deadline: Friday 20 October 2017
Institution of Study: University of Technology Sydney
Country of Study: Australia
Scholarship Type: $16,500.00 for the first year of the course
- $17,500.00 for the second year of the course
- $9,000.00 for the first half of the third year of the course In addition, all students who are recruited by a sponsor organisation in their final year of study will receive a Recruitment Incentive bonus of $9,000.00 for the second half of the year.
Nationality Eligible: Australian citizens and permanent residents of Australia
Level of education: undergraduate degree -Bachelor of accounting.
The Bachelor of Accounting Scholarship is only open to Australian citizens and permanent residents of Australia.
Note that you cannot do both BAcc and a cadetship. If you are interested in pursuing both, read our information regarding cadetships. You must obtain a credit average to continue in the program.
Entry to the Bachelor of Accounting is very competitive and is not based on ATAAcademic ability (ATAR of 95 highly desirable but not essential)
Selection of applicants for interview will be based on all 5 of these criteria, as demonstrated in the record of achievements set out in the written Application Form.
Selection of applicants for an offer will be based on the report of the group assessment interview panel. The interview assessment will be focused on Selection Criteria 1 and 2 and final ATAR achieved (selection criteria 5).
R score alone.
Selection criteria are as follows:
- Strong interest in an accounting-based career
- Personal attributes needed to succeed both as a student and in a business career – communication skills, inter-personal skills, team-working skills, problem-solving skills, enthusiasm and dedication
- Involvement and achievement in a range of activities and interests
- Demonstrated leadership qualities or potential
All applicants must note that the course starts with compulsory fast-track classes 6 weeks before most other university courses. Check out the start date for next year’s course and read more about the Bachelor of Accounting program.
How to apply
Information on how to apply for the Bachelor of Accounting Scholarship, and the course is available on the Bachelor of Accounting site.
The application period for Round 2 is currently open and will close midnight Friday 20 October 2017.