The University of Sydney has increased its investment in postgraduate research scholarships to support international research students by $50 million over the next five years, This scheme is funded by the Australian government. This means we’ve been able to offer 40 new fully-funded Ph.D. scholarships to help more of the cleverest people do their Ph.D. studies with us.
Application Deadline: June 5, 2017
Institution of Study: University of Sydney
Country of Study: Australia
Scholarship Type: full coverage of tuition fees for the postgraduate research degree
- a stipend of $26,682 per annum to assist students with their living costs while undertaking their degree
- an allowance to assist students with ancillary costs of their degree, including relocation costs to Sydney, academic publication costs, and overseas student health cover costs.
The level of education: masters degree.
- Be an international student commencing full-time enrolment in a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) at this University. Students may also be considered up until they have consumed a maximum of six months of course candidature.
- Be a student undertaking study in a subject area identified by the University as within the areas of its current and emerging research strengths.
- Not hold a research qualification regarded to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree, or, if undertaking a Research Master’s degree, not hold a research qualification regarded to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Master’s degree.
- Not have held an Australia Award scholarship within two years prior to commencing the RTP Fee Scholarship.
- Not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution.
- Not previously have received an RTP Fee Scholarship, unless the previous scholarship was for a Master by Research degree that you have completed and you are now applying for a doctorate research degree.
- Students may only be considered for the RTP scholarships three times in a five year period.
How to apply
Kindly follow the following useful links for application.