Chevening Scholarships are awarded to talented individuals with leadership potential. They offer financial support to study for a Master’s degree at one of the UK’s leading universities. They are also a great opportunity to become part of an influential network that now numbers over 43,000 alumni worldwide.
Offered By: UK Government
Country of origin: UK
Scholarships to be taken at: UK’s leading universities
Nationalities open to: International students
Subjects applicable for: Not Specified
Level of study: Post graduate education.
Number of Scholarships: 1,500 Chevening Awards offered in the 2015/2016 cycle – triple the number available for 2014/2015.
Duration of Scholarship: Not Specified
Scholarship Covering: Not Specified
• Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country, and intend to return there for a minimum of 2 years after your Chevening Award has finished.
• Hold a degree that is equivalent to at least an upper-second class (2:1) honours degree in the UK before applying.
• Have completed at least two years’ work experience before applying. This can include voluntary work and paid or unpaid internships.
• Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 15 July 2015.
• Apply to three different eligible UK university courses (unless otherwise specified in your award category). For further information visit ‘what courses should I apply to?’
Not hold British citizenship or dual British citizenship, unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong.
• Not have previously studied in the UK under a UK government-funded scholarship.
• Not be an employee, relative of employee, or former employee (since July 2012) of Her Majesty’s Government (including British Embassies/High Commissions, the Department for International Development, the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills, UK Trade and Investment, the Ministry of Defence and the Home Office), the British Council, a partner, a sponsoring UK university, or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
How and when to apply
Application will only be done online
If you meet the eligibility criteria you will need to create an account, and provide your name, email address and choose a password. Alternatively.
There are ten sections to the application form, and you will need to complete all sections before you can submit your application. The application form guidance explains each section in more detail. You can save your application at any time, and log in to complete it later. Make sure you don’t forget to submit your application before the deadline of 15th November.
Deadline: 15th November 2014