The objective of DAAD Postgraduate Africa Scholarships is to promote the development of university teaching staff in universities and build capacity for staff in public sector through postgraduate training for in select postgraduate study programmes within the institutions listed below:
Applicants should apply to the institution of choice using the contacts and the method that is prescribed by the institution. The institutions have set their own deadlines. Only the shortlisted applicants can apply for the DAAD scholarship in the DAAD Portal.
Location of Study: Eastern Africa Universities
Scholarship Type: Partial scholarship
Faculty of study: a discipline with strong relevance to national development (including the applied Social Sciences, environmental and other special areas of Law, but excluding the Humanities and Fine Arts).
Level of Study: Postgraduate
Scholarship Value: University fees, research allowance, monthly stipend, travel allowance (where applicable), health insurance (where applicable) and the possibility of a short study visit to Germany within the period of the scholarship.
- The programme is open to national staff members of public universities and fully chartered universities (or candidates considered for teaching or research staff recruitment) or from the public sector aiming at a Master or doctorate degree in a discipline with strong relevance to national development (including the applied Social Sciences, environmental and other special areas of Law, but excluding the Humanities and Fine Arts).
- There is no age limit but the previous degree must not be older than 6 years at the time of application.
- The applicant needs a Bachelor degree with at least second upper (please calculate from the transcripts if the degree is not graded) for the Master scholarship, and a Master degree for the PhD scholarship.
- Applications from female candidates as well as applicants from less privileged groups and regions are encouraged.
- You will find application requirements and deadlines of the participating universities via the country links above in due time.
How to Apply
Applications done at the respective Universities
The institutions have set their own deadlines