Equity Bank Wings to fly scholarships, has enabled a large number of students to access primary school education though a large portion of students are unable to transit into secondary school due to financial and other constraints. Education sponsorship enables high achieving students from needy families to continue schooling into secondary school
Offered By: Equity Group Foundation
Country of origin: Kenya
Scholarships to be taken at: leading high schools
Nationalities open to: Kenyan Students
Level of study: Secondary school education
Number of Scholarships: Not Specified
Duration of Scholarship: Not Specified
Scholarship Covering: Not Specified
1The program targets high achieving yet needy (orphan or vulnerable) students identified by assessing their performance at the nationally administered Kenya Certificate of Primary Education examinations (KCPE).
EGF through the District Scholarship Selection Board (DSSB) uses the following as the selection criteria for the scholarship:
1. Academically Promising – top 5 percentile performing students in their district in The Kenya Certificate of
Primary Education (KCPE) examination.
2. Orphans or Vulnerable Children (as defined below);
• Children who have lost one or both parents and have no guardian or sponsor to provide for their education
• Children whose parents are physically or mentally disabled and are unable to educate their children.
• Children whose parents are living with HIV/AIDS or other chronic debilitating illness and are unable to educate their children
• Children from families affected by natural disasters such as flooding, drought, and famine or civil conflict
and are unable to educate their children
• Children who have suffered neglect and/or abandonment
• Children with parents living under extreme poverty and are unable to educate their children
How and when to apply
1. Pick up an application form at any Equity Branch Branch OR download the application form from HERE
2. Complete the application form, attach all required documentation and return to your nearest Equity Branch
3. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: Not stated