The Finnish Government offers scholarships for Doctoral level studies and research at Finnish universities or public research institutes. The Finnish Government Scholarship Pool programme is open to young researchers from all academic fields. The scholarship cannot be applied for Master’s level studies or post-Doctoral studies/research.
Offered By: Finnish Government
Country of origin: Finland
Scholarships to be taken at: Finnish Institutions of high Learning
Nationalities open to:
- Republic of Korea
Level of study: Research
Number of Scholarships: Not Specified
Duration of Scholarship: 3 to 9 months
Scholarship Covering: Not Specified
have established contact with the Finnish receiving institution before applying
• have a letter of invitation from the academic supervisor in Finland; the invitation should also explain the commitment of the host institution to the project
• have earned a Master’s-level degree before applying
• intend to pursue post-Master’s level studies as a visiting student, participate in a research project or teach at a university or public research institute in Finland; priority will be given to doctoral studies
• not have spent already more than one year at a Finnish higher education institution immediately before the intended scholarship period in Finland
• be able to give proof of sufficient skills in speaking and writing the language needed in study/research
• be a national of one of the eligible countries listed above
How and When to apply
Applications for the Finnish Government Scholarship Pool funding should be made to the appropriate authority in the applicant’s country. The scholarship authorities in each country are invited to present applications for up to 10 candidates for the Finnish Government Scholarship Pool. For information on the appropriate authority in your country, please see the listing of countries and authorities to contact
The announcements for the opening of the annual application round are usually sent out from CIMO at the end of September annually. The applicants may then contact the scholarship authorities in their home country for information on the national deadline for submitting the application documents.
Deadline: The applicants may then contact the scholarship authorities in their home country for information on the national deadline for submitting the application documents.