News on Foundation in Science Scholarships
Foundation in Science scholarships are only open to all local and international students who have completed either the Statistical Parameter Mapping(SPM) or O-Level qualification at the immediately preceding year before admission into IMU.The scholarship will only be awarded based on the actual results and not on forecast results.
Eligible candidates will be required to pay Semester 1 fees to register into the course and qualify for the scholarship.
The International Medical University (IMU) has introduced a scholarship program for 2017. Scholarships will now be available for most IMU programs. The Foundation in Science scholarships will be of two types:
- Full Tuition Fee (100%) for total duration of program.
- Partial Tuition Fee (50%) for total duration of program.
These scholarships will be awarded to students demonstrating exceptional academic excellence, extracurricular participation, and leadership qualities.
The scholarship application will be strictly by invitation only upon receiving an offer letter for admission into the particular program at IMU and submission of the final result. These awards are only applicable to the local option.
The scholarships are available for the following programs:
- Chinese Medicine
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Biomedical Science
- Medical Biotechnology
- Dietetics with Nutrition
How to apply
- Visit www.imu.edu.my/slim-oaa and select a program of your choice.Submit an application.
- Upon successful application and meeting the scholarship’s eligibility requirements, the student will be invited to apply for the scholarship via email.
- If you have received a conditional offer, kindly submit your final results to Admissions Department before the closing date to be eligible for the award.
- Scholarship Details
- Awards will be granted bonding subject to the program awarded.
- All scholarships will only cover the tuition fees.
- The amount will be available on a semester to semester basis.
- Students are required to maintain the required minimum grade point average of 3.50 per semester to continue with the scholarship. Failing which, the scholarship may be discontinued with immediate effect.
- Students who withdraw (academic and non-academic reasons) without completing the program will be required to repay the amount consumed for the financial award given.
- Repeat modules will not be covered, and continuation of the financial award will be on a case by case basis.
- IMU Scholarship Committee may vary the selection requirements as and when it deems necessary.
Required documents for submission are:
- SPM or O-Level results;
- Laporan Ko-Kurikulum with GPA score or grade (applicable only to Malaysians);
- A personal statement with at least 100 words.
Location of study: International Medical University, Malaysia.
Level of Study: Undergraduate
Deadline: Dependent on the program undertaken
Scholarship value:The scholarships range from RM 2,000 – RM 6,000.