Goethe University’s Master scholarship programme is a groundbreaking project, and unique in the academic landscape of Germany. For a period of five years (2016-2020) we will be offering 20 scholarships per year for various MSc and MA courses with a special emphasis on research. If your primary motivation is research, come and join our highly international research community!
Application Deadline: July 30, 2017.
Institution of Study: Goethe University
Country of Study: Germany
Scholarship Type: A monthly stipend of 1,000 € for the standard period of study in a Master programme at Goethe-University (generally 2 years)
- Excellent academic supervision by professors and academic staff who work in most cases in the university’s most distinguished research units
- The option to write your Master’s thesis and other seminar papers or do an internship in their respective research unit
- Support and orientation by an experienced Master’s student buddy during your studies
- Access to seminars focusing on professional skills at our Graduate Academy GRADE, normally open only to PhD students and postdocs
- Innovative research environment and networks to fellow scholarship holders and other advanced researchers
- Career support through Goethe University’s Research Support Office
- Insight and involvement in the activities of multidisciplinary research groups at Goethe University
Nationality Eligible:All international Students
Level of education: Master’s programme
You are well versed in your academic discipline and particularly interested in research?
- You hold or are on track for an excellent or above-average Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from a university outside Germany?
- You are looking for an interesting Master’s programme and are considering a PhD in the long run?
- You want a platform to exchange ideas with other international researchers about the topics you are passionate about?
- You are seeking hands-on experience in research under the supervision of excellent professors in a renowned university with state-of-the art facilities?
- You need a stepping stone to start a successful, international career and funding for your Master’s programme?
How to apply
The application documents for your Master degree programme should be submitted online via the Online Application Portal for Master’s Programmes and via post to Uni-Assist. (Exceptions: GSEFM and Biophysics – Please send the application documents to the faculty in charge and consult their websites for further information on the application procedure.)
In addition to the application documents you have to provide for the Master’s degree programme, the following application documents are required for the Goethe Goes Global scholarship (no hardcopies necessary):
- A letter of motivation that includes a study plan, your academic ability and your principle research interests in connection with a research unit
- Please use the provided template for your letter of motivation
- Please select ONE of the research units (if there is more than one option available) related to the Master programme of your choice and clarify this choice in your letter of motivation. Further details on the research units can be found here
- Online submission via the Online Application Portal sufficient, no hardcopies necessary!
- Two letters of recommendation from professors or other academic staff
- Please use the provided template for letters of recommendation
- Please make sure they are signed by hand and officially sealed
- The letters of recommendation may be sent as scans directly from your professor or other academic staff via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org ; hardcopies are not necessary!
- A comprehensive CV in tabular form
- If a CV was already submitted for the application to the Master’s degree programme, you do not need to hand in another one
- Online submission via the Online Application Portal sufficient, no hardcopies necessary