Ghent University provides Top-up Grants to candidates from all countries on the OESO-DAC list, who wish to obtain a master’s degree at Ghent University. In 2017 the call will only be open for new students applying for a master or master-after-master program taught in English.
Each year, Ghent University offer a minimum of 10 scholarships.
- Allowance of €650 per month.
- All-in insurance (health, civil liability, repatriation)
Airline ticket and visa costs are not included in the grant.
New students who wish to obtain a Master’s or Master-after-Master’s degree at the University.
- You have to have a bachelor degree when applying for a Master program.
- You have to have a Master degree when applying for a Master-after-Master program.
- You have to come from a country on the longlist of the OESO-DAC country list.
- Selection Committee
- The Committee for Development Cooperation makes a selection of the applications based on the recommendations obtained from a working group of this Committee.
- The Committee then proceeds to formulate well-founded recommendations to the Executive Committee of the University.
- Selection criteria
- The recommendations are based on:
- The qualifications of the applicant for the Top-up grant
- There is no strict age limit, although applicants below 40 years are preferred.
- The significance of the master’s program for the student’s country.
- Validation of the knowledge in the student’s country.
- Selected students need to do their thesis at the University. The Top-up grant is for two master-years, but the grantee needs to prove at least 54 credits in the first master year.
How to apply?
You cannot apply yourself. The program you apply for selects a maximum of 3 top students.