The Global Impact Scholarship program is designed to nurture a new generation of leaders, committed to helping to solve complex global and local challenges, thus making an impact on society.The program seeks to develop action leaders with a global perspective for the public, private and people sectors.
Application Deadline: Application for scholarships is to be submitted at the same time as a request for admission to SMU.
Level of study: Undergraduate degree
Location of study: Singapore
Institution of Study: Singapore Management University
Scholarship type: Full scholarship
Eligibility criteria for the Global Impact Scholarship
- Be Singapore Citizens.
- Possess outstanding Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ level, local Polytechnic Diploma, International Baccalaureate Diploma, NUS High School Diploma or equivalent qualifications.
- Demonstrate strong leadership capabilities and potential.
- Possess excellent record in co-curricular and/or community activities.
- Be applying for admission to a full-time undergraduate degree program at SMU.
- Tuition fees (after MOE Tuition Grant subsidy).
- S$5,000 annual living allowance.
- S$1,800 one-time computer allowance upon enrollment.
- S$14,000 Global Learning Opportunities Worldwide (GLOW) grant.
- Student Exchange/Summer Programme.
- An Overseas Scholars’ Study Mission.
- An Overseas Community Service Project.
- An optional concurrent or sequential SMU Master’s program up to S$40,000.
- Scholarship is bond-free.
Total Scholarship value: S$121,800 (non-Law) and S$125,800 (Law)
How to apply
- Application for scholarships is to be submitted at the same time as a request for admission to SMU.All the requests to be made online. Click here to apply to SMU
- Applicants will be shortlisted based on their academic qualifications and the strength of their non-academic records.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to SMU for a panel interview.
- Personal essay.
- A letter of recommendation from their tutor or principal.