SWP offers a limited number of three-month full-time internships for highly motivated students. We are particularly interested in attracting young academics in political science and related social sciences (economics, law, administration, occasionally also regional studies, ethnology, or journalism).Interns report to our offices in Berlin-Wilmersdorf.If you are interested in an internship at our Brussels office, please apply directly.
Application Deadline: 30th June 2017
Location of the Internship: Berlin-Wilmersdorf
Level of study: Master’s and Bachelor’s
Remuneration: €300 per month
Roles and responsibilities
- Assisting with all tasks within the research division, especially research projects, and producing documentation and background reports for research department members,
- Preparing reports of conferences and meetings,
- Literature research,
- Editing academic texts, researching and evaluating materials, helping to prepare meetings and conferences,
- General administrative tasks
Qualifications for the SWP full-time internships
- Excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken),
- Excellent end-user IT skills (Word, Excel, web browsers),
- Your ideas about what you wish to achieve during the internship,
- Interest in policy consultation and communication,
- Commitment, ambition, teamwork and social skills.
- Required documents
- Motivational letter (maximum one page),
- For a mandatory internship: confirmation that the internship is a formal requirement, including required duration (copy of relevant passage from degree regulations or letter from University),
- Bachelor’s degree certificate (or evidence of completion of Grundstudium for Magister/Diplom/Staatsexamen students),
- Interim and leaving certificates,
- References, work references (if available) (copies),
- Valid confirmation of student status (copy) or university confirmation of application for a place on a master’s degree course (original, must include expected enrollment date),
- Residence permit (non-EU/EEA applicants, copy),
- If a public or private body has awarded funding for your internship, please supply documentation (including the amount).
How to apply
Please send your application for an internship to Human Resources at SWP. We can only accept complete applications with the application form and all required documents.Please email your application form and all necessary documents to bewerbungen(at)swp-berlin.org.
We cannot consider incomplete applications.