The Young Professionals Program (YPP) is the strategic talent pipeline for the professional career in the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) Group. The Program is designed for outstanding young graduates who can significantly help the IDB Group to carry out its mission and attain its objectives.
This Program enables each Young Professional (YP) to receive extensive exposure and experience of the IDB Group’s various activities through job rotations in different departments. Participants will initially spend two weeks Orientation stage in HRMD. Then, 27 months in Foundation stage which will be split into three rotations of 9 months each in IDB Group departments.
Application Deadline: 28th February 2017
Location of the Internship: Saudi Arabia
Department: Human Resources Management Department
Level of study: Bachelor degree in development, education, economics, finance, accounting, business administration, engineering, information technology and law or any other specializations relevant to the work of the Bank from highly reputed Universities or international centers of excellence
Remuneration: Upon successful program completion, the participant will gradually climb up the professional grades in the IDB Group
Roles and responsibilities
- Two weeks Orientation at HRMD
- Three department rotations of 9 months duration each
- The objective of this stage is to develop/strengthen the foundation of YPs with required competencies, knowledge and skills needed in the IDB Group, so that they could succeed professionally
- YPs shall be confirmed in one of the departments subject to meeting requirements
- Assigned a 3 to 6 months graduation project
- YPs are expected to be in this stage between 1 year to 2 years before considered for graduation
- The integrated YPs shall be exposed to LeadDP (Leadership Development Program)
- YPs to be fully integrated with the IDB’s operations and culture
- HRMD shall ensure that the YP is ready for the professional role
- Direct placement on the grade of the position for which he/she was selected
- Successful YPs awarded Certificate of Graduation
During the Program, the participants will also benefit from coaching/career counselling arrangements and a wide range of relevant training and developmental opportunities.
- Age not more than 32 years at the time of application. May be allowed to attend interviews if they are under the age requirement at the date of application
- Holds a Bachelor degree in development, education, economics, finance, accounting, business administration, engineering, information technology and law or any other specializations relevant to the work of the Bank from highly reputed Universities or international centers of excellence
- Outstanding academic record. The indicators of high grades shall be based on education system of each country or region. The following grades from different education systems shall form a baseline for candidate’s eligibility for the YP program:
- GPA 3.5 on the scale of 4 or equivalent for any other system
- ‘A’ Grade according to regional systems following ABC grading
- ‘Excellent’ (ممتاز) in Arab, Russian or any other region’s system following such grading system
- Bien in French and Francophone systems
- 2nd Class Upper Honors in British system
- Able to work in English as business language
- Shall be a citizen of an IDB member country; applicants from Muslim communities of non-member countries may be admitted
- No working experience is required. However, experience shall be considered favorably.
How to apply
- Your application needs to be supported with all necessary documents/information for a proper evaluation; hence, it will not be complete and can not be considered unless documents are attached as follows:
- Updated CV
- Bachelors Certificate
- Bachelors Transcripts
- Masters Certificate
- Masters Transcripts
- Ph.D/Professional Qualification documents, if any
- You don’t need to follow up on your application because once you complete your application process on line, your application will remain stored in our on line data base for processing. Since, the number of applications received on line runs in to a few thousands in a few months, we try to process these applications every six months at which time you will be notified about status of your application.