Apply for for Klaus Toepfer Fellowship Programme
The Klaus Toepfer Fellowship Programme is implemented by the German Federal Agency for Nature Conservation (BfN) and central scientific authority of the German federal government for both national and international nature.The program is also supported by:
- International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN).
- The Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity (SCBD).
- The Secretariat of the Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species of Wild Animals (CMS).
- The UNEP World Conservation Monitoring Center (UNEP-WCMC).
Klaus Toepfer Fellowship Programme takes an integrated approach to the development of the personal capacity of early-career conservation professionals.It combines professional learning, management training, and network development support.The program gives a chance to high-potential individuals into the center of capacity building, while closely cooperating with delegating institutions and promoting the participants’ commitment and contribution to them.
The program will be conducted in English.
- Participation in the Klaus Toepfer Fellowship Programme is free of charge.
- The participants will receive free accommodation and board at the training venue and during excursions.
- The organizer will cover health insurance for the Fellow during the stay in Germany.
- Contribution towards their travel expenses- The proportion of the trip expenses to be covered by participants or their home organizations is based on the following scheme, which relates to the gross domestic product of the respective countries.
- Submission of a complete application before the deadline.
- Nationality and place of residence in one of the eligible countries: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Iran, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, FYR Macedonia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan
- At least three years of working experience in the nature conservation sector (work experience during academic studies can be taken into account).
- Currently working in an institution concerned with nature conservation (e.g. governmental institutions, non-governmental organizations (NGO), research institutes or similar)
- Age should preferably not exceed 35 years
- Be fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Endorsement of application by current employer
- Regular internet access
How to apply
The applicant should the following documents.
- A completed application form.Please download the template.
- Diploma of highest academic degree.
- Language Degree if available – highest level obtained. If no language degree is available, candidates will take a language skills tests via telephone interviews and online examinations.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Endorsement form filled in by employing institution and one additional person/organization (please download template).
- Scan copy of passport.
- A nomination letter of employing institution (please download template).
Please name the application form and all other files with your name.Also, send all documents either in PDF or Word format.All documents should be written in English.
Deadline: May 30, 2017