Three MSc scholarships are offered to support the training and development of the next generation of leaders in global health and strengthen the capacity of health systems in Africa.These awards are highly competitive.
Location of study: London school of hygiene and tropical medicine.
The level of study: Master
Duration of study: one-year full-time
Deadline: Sunday 19 March 2017
Each scholarship will cover:
Tuition fees, including any mandatory field trip costs.
A tax-free stipend (living allowance) of GBP 16,510.00.
The applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be nationals of and resident in, countries in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Intend to return to sub-Saharan Africa on completion of their MSc year at the School.
- Confirm in writing that they would not otherwise be able to pay for the proposed program of study.
- Meet the School’s minimum English language requirements.
- Hold a first degree at either a first or upper second class equivalency level.
- Hold an offer of admission for 2017-18 for one of the School’s 18 London-based MSc programs of study.
Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate outstanding experience and in their application documentation and who have the potential to make significant contributions to public and global health in Africa.
How to Apply
The application process involves two steps.The applicant must complete the two steps before the deadline.
- Step 1: Submit an application for 2017-18 for a London-based MSc program of study, as per instructions under the ‘How to Apply’ tab on the relevant program of study page.Ensure all you submit all the supplementary budget by the scholarship deadline.
- Step 2: Submit an online scholarships application selecting the option ‘2017-18 MSc Scholarships for Future Health Leaders’.
A completed Supplementary Questions Form for this award must be uploaded as part of this application.
Points to note
- Each applicant is allowed to submit only one request for 2017-18 MSc Scholarships for Future Health Leaders.We, therefore, advice applicant to carefully check their applications before submitting.
- Incomplete applications will be disqualified for this funding. Incomplete applications include those with missing additional documentation at either/both Steps one and two above.
- These scholarships are open to applicants for any of the 18 non-distance learning programs offered by the School.
- Candidates who have already submitted a completed 2017-18 London-based MSc application and have an Offer of Admission should apply for the scholarship by completing the scholarship application (Step 2 above) and submitting this by the deadline.
- By applying for this funding applicants agree to its Terms & Conditions.