The Doctoral Research Scholarships aims to attract and retain the best international researchers to New Zealand. The scholarship provides full tuition fees and a living stipend for up to 3 years.
Application deadline: 30 August 2017
Level of study: PhD
Location of study: New Zealand
Institution of Study: Education New Zealand
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarship
Who can apply
The Doctoral Research Scholarship are prestigious and highly competitive opportunities. It is awarded based on academic excellence and the benefit of the candidate’s proposed research to New Zealand. Recipients of this award will have an academic record placing them within the top 5% of Ph.D. candidates worldwide.
These criteria are non-negotiable.
- You must hold a minimum grade equivalent to a GPA of 3.7 on a 4.0 scale OR an A to A+ average in your most recent or highest post graduate tertiary qualification
- You must have a confirmed, non-conditional offer of place for a (direct-start) Ph.D. program at a New Zealand university
- If you have commenced your Ph.D. studies in New Zealand, your start date must be after 01 July 2016
- You must conduct your Ph.D. study in New Zealand (not from a distance)
- You must not hold citizenship or PR status in New Zealand or Australia.
The scholarship covers the following for a TOTAL of three years (36 months):
- New Zealand University annual tuition fees and associated student levies
- An annual living stipend of NZ$25,000 per year (tax-free)
- Medical insurance coverage up to NZ$600 annual
How to apply
Applications are now open and must be submitted online using the following link below:
The deadline for this scholarship is 30 August 2017.