The GlobalGiving Accelerator is an opportunity for you and your organization to build skills, access tools, and grow your base of supporters to achieve crowdfunding success.
When you graduate, your organization becomes a permanent member of GlobalGiving, and you’ll have access to all the tools, training, and one-on-one support available in the GlobalGiving community.
The GlobalGiving Accelerator is a virtual training program and crowdfunding campaign that will help you take your fundraising to the next level. Following an optional one-week training curriculum, you’ll be entered into an Accelerator campaign where you’ll raise at least $5,000 total from a minimum of 40 different donors in order to graduate and secure a permanent fundraising spot on the GlobalGiving platform.
GlobalGiving will provide support as you reach out to your own networks, and tell your story in new and compelling ways. Donors can give in USD or GBP, helping you reach your supporters in the US, the UK, and beyond. GlobalGiving will also provide matching incentives for your donors and bonus prizes for the most successful participants.
Training Topics Include:
- Crowdfunding 101
- Mapping your potential donor network
- Storytelling and email appeals
- Creating SMART goals.
Benefits for Graduates:
Organizations that successfully complete the GlobalGiving Accelerator by raising at least $5,000 total from a minimum 40 different donors will earn:
- GlobalGiving membership
- Permanent membership in the GlobalGiving community, including ongoing opportunities to attract new corporate and individual donors
- GlobalGiving press release
- Inclusion in a GlobalGiving press release announcing the Accelerator graduates (example)
- GlobalGiving Media Kit
- A custom media kit to help promote your accomplishment
- GlobalGiving certificate of completion
- GlobalGiving’s donor newsletter and social media
- Additional promotional opportunities, including through GlobalGiving’s social media or homepage, for top-performers
Eligibility: Any registered nonprofit (anywhere in the world!) is eligible to apply.
Application: Complete the online application
Important Dates and Deadlines:
March 2018 GlobalGiving Accelerator
February 19, 2018, Applicants will be notified by our staff of their application status
February 26 – March 2, 2018, Accelerator training program
March 2, 2018, Project posting deadline
March 12, 2018, Accelerator crowdfunding campaign begins
March 30, 2018, Accelerator crowdfunding campaign ends
End of April 2018 Funds are disbursed to organizations
For inquiries contact the help center
Deadline: February 1, 2018