Chinese Government Scholarship – Chinese University Program is a scholarship established by Ministry of Education (MOE) to support Chinese universities in specific provinces or autonomous regions to recruit outstanding international students for graduate studies in China.
MOE authorized USTC to recruit full-time master and doctoral students under the Chinese Government Scholarship since 2008.
Institution of study: University of Science and Technology of China (USTC)
Nationality Eligible: Non-Chinese Nationalities
Level of Study: Bachelors degree
The Chinese University Program provides a full scholarship which covers tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance.
Accommodation: the university will provide monthly accommodation subsidy:
- master’s students: CNY 700 per month;
- doctoral students: CNY 1000 per month.
- master’s students: CNY 3,000 per month;
- doctoral students: CNY 3,500 per month.
Comprehensive medical insurance
Please refer to the website of China Scholarship Council for details of each item http://www.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/scholarshipdetailen.aspx?cid=97&id=2070
Duration of Scholarship:
- Master’s Degree Programs: 2-3 academic years
- Doctoral Degree Programs: 3-4 academic years
To complete the application for USTC “Chinese Government Scholarship – University Postgraduate Program”, please make sure you finish the Online Application form (http://www.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/noticeen.html).
For more information about the programs and professors in the related field, please refer to the link of professors‘ brief profiles (http://en.ustc.edu.cn/faculty/201105/t20110530_112483.html), and schools and departments (http://en.ustc.edu.cn/schools/).
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and mentally and physically healthy.
- Applicants must not be a registered student in Chinese universities at the time of application or be a graduate from Chinese universities for more than one year.
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have bachelor’s degree (equivalent to bachelor’s degree in China) and be under the age of 35 (by September, 1st, 2018).
- Applicants for doctoral studies must have master’s degree (equivalent to master’s degree in China) and be under the age of 40 (by September, 1st, 2018).
- For the graduates to obtain their degrees in 2018, they should submit a Pre-graduation Certificate to ensure that they will complete their study and obtain the degree by July of 2018.
- Students who have been granted for other Chinese scholarship or funding（2017-2018）cannot apply for this scholarship.
- Application form for Chinese Government Scholarship with signature and a recent photo.
- Photocopy of passport (ordinary passport with validity of at least 1 year).
- A study or research proposal (no less than 800 words).
- Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors (with a phone number and email address).
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (download in the attachment below).
- Applicants for programs instructed in Chinese but do not apply for one-year Chinese language courses, must provide the photocopy of HSK certificate (at least level 4) or other proof of their Chinese language proficiency; applicants for programs instructed in English must provide the photocopy of valid IELTS or TOFEL result or other proof of their English proficiency (except those whose mother tongue is English).
- Photocopy of degree certificate and academic transcript for both Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree (if have) notarized by Ministry of Education or equivalent authority in your country.
- If applicants are university students, they must provide official documents showing their status as university students and stating clearly when they will obtain the degree certificate;
- If applicants already graduated but have not yet obtained the degree certificate, they must provide official documents explaining the reasons and stating clearly when they will obtain the degree certificate;
- If applicants are already employed, they must provide official documents showing their status as on-post employees and permission of release.
USTC will review all the applications submitted before the deadline. Decisions for admission and granting the scholarship will be made on the basis of applicants’ academic record, research abilities and other aspects related. The list of nominated candidates will be sent to China Scholarship Council (CSC) for review in May 2018.
After the name list is approved by CSC, the scholarship awardees will be notified by USTC and admission documents will be posted to the awardees in July.
New school year shall start in September 2018. The specific date of registration will be written on the admission notice.
Deadline: March 15, 2018 (for online application)