The purpose of the AUC Internship is to provide graduate students with a chance to gain exposure to the work of the AUC in the hopes that some will be interested in returning to the AUC for a career after completing their studies. It is somewhat designed to complement development-oriented studies with practical experience in various aspects of multilateral technical cooperation.
The main objectives of the OAU were, inter alia, to rid the continent of the remaining vestiges of colonization and apartheid; to promote unity and solidarity among African States; to coordinate and intensify cooperation for development; to safeguard the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Member States and to promote international cooperation within the framework of the United Nations.
Applying Online using the AUC e-Internship Program will allow you to:
- Create your own personal account for future visits.
- Return to view and update your personal history form at any time.
- Apply for Internship.
- Monitor the status of Internship notices for which you have applied.
- Receive e-mail correspondence about Internship notices for which you have applied.
Nationality Eligible: Applicants must be only from member states of the African Union.
Internship duration: The duration of an internship must be for no more than three months with a possibility of extension for three more months subject to a strong justification by the hosting Department/Division.
AUC Internship Eligibility:
Applicants must be full-time students currently in the last year of their Bachelor’s degree OR enrolled in a Master’ or Ph.D. program.
Languages: Applicants must be fluent at least in one of the African Unions official languages.
Computer skills: Ability to use office-related software (MS Office).
Attitude: An awareness of the many facets of a multicultural world and a commitment to international public service are essential.
- You are strongly encouraged to apply for an advertised Internship notice for which you consider you are qualified. Upon completion of the personal history form, online applications will be acknowledged via e-mail.
- To start the online application process, applicants are required to register online for a personal account.
- After opening the account, applicants may apply for Internship using the AUC personal history form provided. Once the personal history form has been completed for a particular Internship, it can be saved and used for future applications. The – – personal history form may be modified as necessary for future applications.
- Please check your qualifications against the requirements displayed in the position description.
- All applications must be received before the Internship notice closing deadline in case the internship position is published.
- Your application will be under consideration for only three(03) months.
- After this deadline, if u are still interested in an internship, please re-apply again.
- Once an application has been submitted, it will be transmitted to the appropriate office for review.
|Job Category||Training Opportunities|