The CADI Fellowship aims at scientists that have the support of their home countries institutions and a clear commitment to a career in their country of origin. Target groups are postgraduate senior scientists, who preferably have at least three years of professional experience and preferably are not older than 40 years.
The fellows are supposed to work on a subject of their own choice according to the project aim and related outputs, supported by the project partners.
Within the frame of “Research for Development”, the project must also have a clear relevance for the country of origin and should focus on the increase of sustainability or improvement of livelihoods in the region.
The institution of Fellowship: Michael Succow Foundation
Nationality Eligible: China, Iran, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan
CADI Fellowship Offer:
- Monthly grant of 1,000 € for a period of up to 12 months
- One-time travel allowance of 750 €
- Field -, laboratory equipment up to an amount of 2,000 €, upon approval based on a sound scientific justification
- Individual supervision
- Involvement in an international network of scientists and practitioners for the conservation and sustainable use of deserts
Level of Study: post graduate
CADI Fellowship Eligibility: Applications may be submitted by scientists with nationality and place of residence in one of the eligible countries
Application: Please provide a description of your research topic, scope and a detailed research plan including places, potential supervisors and possible partnering institutions in Germany. Furthermore, it should include periods of field surveys et cetera and, if relevant, target groups including an outline of the methodology to be applied and an explanation why your research is unique and relevant for CADI (maximum of 1,200 words).
Additionally, the following documents should be submitted:
- Curriculum Vitae
- University diploma in a field that is relevant to the project and its focus (Biology, Geography, Agriculture, Silviculture, Landscape Planning, Nature Conservation, Environmental Policy, Environmental Law – or other similar subjects relevant to temperate deserts)
- Two letters of references who give proof on your scientific qualification
- Relevant certificates of your career
- Reference list of published papers
- Endorsement of the application by a current employer
- Proof of written and spoken upper-intermediate English language skills
- Scan copy of passport
All documents should be submitted in English. The endorsement letter can be written also in Russian.
The application should be submitted via email to fanny.mundt(at)succow-stiftung.de.
You can find the call for application for the CADI Fellowship 2018 here.
Application Deadline: 30th of June 2018
|Job Category||Science Opportunities|