Cancer Australia is inviting applications for “Supporting People with Cancer Grant Initiative” to reduce the burden of cancer through the provision of grants to community organizations and encourage effective partnerships between organizations in order to improve coordination, accessibility and development of quality cancer support networks to better support people affected by cancer.
The outcome of the initiative is to build evidence-based information and improve access to quality, coordinated and sustainable cancer support networks for all Australians.
2019 Priority Target Areas
The areas of priority for applicants to target have been strengthened and aligned to Cancer Australia’s Strategic Plan 2014-2019. This Framework consists of two categories.
Category one: improving outcomes for people whose outcomes are poor and demonstrating impact at a health systems level and/or community systems level:
- People whose outcomes are poorer
- Regional and rural areas
Category two: improving support, consumer involvement, and evidence-based information at a local level:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- People from low socioeconomic status areas
Applicants can apply for grants of up to $120,000 (GST exclusive) over a three year period (2019-2022).
- Organisations must ensure that they are eligible to enter into a funding agreement with Cancer Australia before submitting their application under the Supporting people with cancer Grant initiative. This means that organizations must be legal entities in their own right e.g. charitable organizations, community organizations, non-government and government organizations. Individuals are not eligible to apply for this funding.
- Organisations that can demonstrate existing or new partnerships are encouraged to apply to strengthen the availability and visibility of consumer information and cancer support networks. Consortia wishing to apply must identify a lead organization.
Successful applicants will be required to sign a funding agreement prior to receiving any funding. Funding provided is associated with the achievement of milestones as specified in the funding agreement.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Australia
Deadline: 30 October 2018
For more information, please visit Supporting People with Cancer Grant Initiative.
|Job Category||Medical Opportunities|