The Cartier Women Initiative Award is looking for committed female entrepreneurs heading initiatives with the potential to grow significantly in the years to come. It is a unique opportunity for early-phase women entrepreneurs to take their companies to the next level.
Highlights of the competition
- The 21 finalists, representing the top 3 projects from each of the 7 regions, will receive:
- One-to-one personalized business coaching prior to the Awards week
- Series of entrepreneurship workshops, knowledge sessions and networking events during the Awards week
- Media visibility
- A scholarship to attend the INSEAD Social Entrepreneurship 6-Day Executive Programme (provided the business meets INSEAD’s eligibility criteria)
- Networking opportunities through the Cartier Awards community
- First prize for the 7 laureates:
- US$ 100 000 in prize money
- One-to-one personalized business mentoring
Second prize for the 14 finalists:
US$ 30 000 in prize money
- To be considered for the Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards, the project must be an original for-profit early-stage business (1 to 3 years old) led by a woman.
- For-profit: the business should be designed to generate revenues, non-profit project proposals not accepted.
- Originality: the business should be a new concept, wholly conceived by the founder or team, and not a copy or subsidiary of an existing business.
- Early stage: the business should be in the initial phase of its development (between 1-3 years)
- Revenue generation: the business should currently be generating revenue. It being understood that a business that is generating revenue is not necessarily profitable in its first years of operations.
- Women leadership & ownership: The main leadership position must be filled by a woman either in the capacity of Director, General Manager or CEO. She must also own a significant stake in the company. The ownership of the business is evaluated based on the position of the candidate in relation to other stakeholders.
- Legal entry age: 18 or the age of legal majority in the country of citizenship (whichever is older) on the day of the application deadline.
- Good command of English required (both verbal and written).
The Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards is looking for committed female entrepreneurs heading initiatives with the potential to grow significantly in the years to come. It is a unique opportunity for early-phase women entrepreneurs to take their companies to the next level.
Application process check-list
To apply to the Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards, you only need to complete the online application form (see questions here). In the form, the supporting documentation listed below will be required of you:
- Business registration document
- Proof of patent (if applicable)
- Detailed financials
- Latest company tax returns
- A receipt from tax authorities indicating that you have filed your tax returns (or not filed your taxes if you are exempted)
- Capitalization table
- Three additional attachments of your choice (logo, images of your product, press articles…)
- These documents must be submitted as attachments along with your application form in the “Attachments” section and cannot be sent separately by e-mail.
Deadline: AUGUST 31ST 2018.
|Job Category||Entrepreneurship Opportunities|