Master’s Excellence Scholarship by Central European University is committed to attracting talented students from around the world. The University offers a range of scholarship, fellowship, and loan options for students studying in the School of Public Policy (SPP) and encourages students to seek external sources of funding.
Nationalities Eligible: All Nationalities
Institution of Study: Central European University
Level of Study: Applicants must have a first degree from a recognized university or institution of higher education, or provide documentation indicating that they will earn such a first degree before enrolment in a CEU master’s program.
Master’s Excellence Scholarship Eligibility:
- For its one-year U.S.-accredited master’s programs, CEU normally accepts students who have completed four years of undergraduate university study.
- Admission into the U.S.-accredited one-year programs with a three-year bachelor’s degree may be possible pending the University Provost’s approval in particular cases, based on the recommendation of the academic unit in question.
- Students enrolled in a master’s program at CEU must not be simultaneously enrolled in another higher education institution, unless they provide official documentation about having obtained a leave of absence from the other institution for the entire duration of their studies at CEU.
Scholarship Coverage: Covers the full cost of tuition and health insurance. In addition, recipients are awarded a monthly stipend of 96,000 HUF (approximately EUR €350) to assist with the cost of meals and miscellaneous expenses. Single or shared housing in the CEU Residence Center is offered to a number of scholarship recipients based on academic merit.
Master’s Excellence Scholarship Requirements:
- Completed CEU Application Form
- Letters of Recommendation
- Academic Records
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Program-Specific Requirements
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Application Fee
The language of instruction for all master’s, doctoral and non-degree programs offered by Central European University is English.
Candidates must demonstrate proficiency in English by submitting standardized English language test scores.
Candidates whose first language is English are normally exempt from this requirement.
All application materials must be submitted with the online application form(s)
Application Deadline: February 1, 2018
|Job Category||Study Opportunity|