CIVICUS Innovation Program Internship Opportunity is looking for an innovative, self-starter to join their globally-focused Innovation team. The intern will gain knowledge of socio-political, organizational change, tech and data aspects of CIVICUS’ work with civil society around the world, particularly in the Global South.
CIVICUS is a global alliance of civil society organizations and activists dedicated to strengthening citizen action and civil society around the world. They strive to promote marginalized voices, especially from the Global South and have members in more than 170 countries throughout the world.
Since 1993, they have been dedicated to enhancing the rights, freedoms, health, and vitality of civil society as a whole, using new technologies to connect around the world.
CIVICUS works for civil society, protecting and growing `civic space’ – the freedoms of expression, association, and assembly – that allow citizens and organizations to speak out, organize and take action.
They monitor research and analyze global events and trends that impact civil society.They strengthen civil society by bringing it together to generate and share knowledge, to improve its working and to act collectively.
Location: Montreal, Johannesburg, and/or London
Duration: 6 months
Stipend: US$ 1 200 monthly
Nationality Eligible: Worldwide
- Degree in the fields related to political science, governance, developmental studies, social sciences, public administration.
- Strong interest in working in the field of civil society
- Available to work in Montreal, Johannesburg, London and/or in commuting distance of another CIVICUS base of operation
- Prior internship in nonprofit organizations and/or international settings beneficial but not required.
- Fluent in English
- Proficiency in other languages, particularly UN languages helpful
- Internship knowledge and understanding of civil societies
- Good interpersonal/networking skills.
- Conscientious self-starter
- Planning and time management skills
- Deadline driven, with ability to multitask
- Ability to problem solve
- Creative thinking
Innovation Program Internship Benefits:
- Be part of the leading global alliance of civil society organizations and activists.
- Be part of a global, highly effective team, which is driven by civil society.
- Grow; be challenged by the dynamic responses to our ever-changing world.
- Global outlook with meaningful content and the passion, and drive to make a change wherever you are.
Main Activities of This Role
1.Organizational and Business Process Support (60%)
- Provide administrative support, to organizational clusters and project teams in Innovation Stream
- Serve as liaison to Operations and Finance teams on behalf Innovation stream clusters and project teams
- Provide documentation, meeting secretarial and archival support
- Serve as key interlocutor with internal and external partners, including Mobilization Lab, and others on administrative and workflow processes
- Support partnership management and initial engagements with new leads
- Provide financial processing and management support for all Innovation Stream activities
- Help in creating efficiencies and automation in all administrative workflows
- Support event coordination and convening opportunities that engage our CIVICUS members
- Assist with booking of venues, hotels
- Assist with drawing up of correspondence
- Prepare lists of attendees, speakers, etc.
- Liaise with the South Africa Head Office for travel bookings
- Follow up on all travel bookings
- Liaise with team members for internal team travel
- Assist with VISA applications
- Follow up on correct invoicing
3.Programmatic Support (20%)
- Conduct background research for external products
- Provide shadow writing assistance on blogs, journal articles etc.
- Identify strategic convening opportunities to engage the CIVICUS alliance
- Identify potential partners, sponsors, funders for CIVICUS events;
- Any other reasonable tasks as requested by Management from time to time.
Application: Please submit
- A motivational letter
- A detailed CV
- Contact details of three current references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not have heard from us within 2 weeks after your application, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Deadline: 20 January 2018
|Job Category||Innovation Opportunities|