Commonwealth Scholarships are now open for doctoral study in New Zealand starting early 2019. A total of eight Universities will be offering eight candidates the opportunity to further their education. More information on eligible subjects and supervisors is available on the individual university websites.
The following universities in New Zealand are offering to fund the Commonwealth Scholarships:
- Auckland University of Technology
- Lincoln University
- Massey University
- University of Auckland
- University of Canterbury
- University of Otago
- University of Waikato
- Victoria University of Wellington
Before starting your application, you must read the following documents:
- Levels of funding offered by each university
- Rules and Regulations – contains important information about the application process
- Terms and conditions – must be signed and returned with your application
Participation in the Commonwealth Scholarships scheme is a decision made by each individual university and a university may withdraw at any time. The granting of a scholarship under this programme is at the discretion of the university.
Nationality Eligible: UK citizen
Level of Study: Post graduate
Institution of Study: Auckland University of Technology, Lincoln University, Massey University, University of Auckland, University of Canterbury, University of Otago, University of Waikato, Victoria University of Wellington
To apply for the Commonwealth Scholarships, you must:
- Be a UK citizen (applicants with dual New Zealand/UK citizenship are ineligible)
- Have at least an upper second class honours undergraduate degree (by the time you take up your scholarship)
- Must not already be registered for a PhD at any New Zealand university
- Have thoroughly researched the research programmes and the supervisory capabilities in the departments and faculties of your preferred universities in New Zealand and be able to demonstrate that you have made contact with, and can show some degree of support from, a potential doctoral supervisor.
- Fully informed of the financial basis of the award being offered by the university
- An indication that you have received an offer of a place at your preferred New Zealand university would assist the assessment process but is not mandatory
How to apply
You must submit:
- One original application form. You should specify at least two preferred institutions of study on the form
- One recent passport-size photograph, stapled to your application form in the space provided
- One signed copy of the terms and conditions form
- One certified copy of the relevant page of your passport, or other proof of UK citizenship. This should be attached to the original application form
- One certified copy of any undergraduate or postgraduate transcripts.
- One copy of a letter or email from your prospective supervisor in New Zealand offering support for your application
In addition, supporting statements from three referees, two being academic referees with one from your most recent study should be submitted directly to the CSC by the referees themselves, either at the address below or to the email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications must be sent in hard copy with supporting documents to:
Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (KBM)
20-24 Tavistock Square
Application Deadline: 31 July 2018 at 5pm (BST).
|Job Category||Study Opportunity|