Nominations are open for Dan David Prize which is an international award, endowed by the Dan David Foundation and headquartered at Tel Aviv University. This Prize recognizes and encourages innovative and interdisciplinary research that cuts across traditional boundaries and paradigms.
It aims to foster universal values of excellence, creativity, justice, democracy, and progress and to promote the scientific, technological and humanistic achievements that advance and improve our world.
The Dan David Prize covers three-time dimensions – Past, Present, and Future – that represent realms of human achievement. Each year the International Board chooses one field within each time dimension. Following a review process of individuals nominated for the Prize, by independent Review Committees comprised of renowned scholars and professionals, the International Board then chooses the laureates for each field.
- The Past refers to fields that expand knowledge of former times.
- The Present recognizes achievements that shape and enrich society today.
- The Future focuses on breakthroughs that hold great promise for improvement of our world.
- Three prizes of one million US dollars each are granted annually in the fields chosen for the three-time dimensions.
- The prizes are granted to individuals or institutions with proven, exceptional, distinct excellence in the sciences, arts, humanities, public service, and business, that have made and continue to make an outstanding contribution to humanity on the basis of merit, without discrimination of gender, race, religion, nationality, or political affiliation.
Selected Fields 2019
- Past: Macro History
- Present: Defending Democracy
- Future: Combatting Climate Change
- Nominees for the Dan David Prize may be individuals or organizations.
- The individual or institution being nominated has made a singular achievement or a series of achievements and continues to make a unique, profound contribution to humanity, on a global scale, in one of the selected fields for the year in which the nomination is being made.
- The Dan David Prize is granted according to merit, without discrimination based on gender, race, religion, nationality, or political affiliation.
- Winners in each selected field are chosen by the Dan David Prize Board, based on the recommendations of International Review Committees comprised of world-renowned experts in the relevant fields.
- The Dan David Prize Board may select more than one laureate for each field if their achievements are considered to be of equal merit and impact in the relevant field.
- Nominations must be submitted to the Dan David Prize in accordance with the Dan David Prize instructions, as detailed on the Dan David Prize Nomination Form.
- If a nominee is awarded the Dan David Prize, the right to this prize is not transferable.
- An individual or organization can only receive the Dan David Prize once for the same achievement and/or contribution.
- Self-nominations are not accepted.
- Prize winners are required to participate in the Award Ceremony and the Attendant Events.
How to Apply
The nomination process must be completed online via the Dan David Prize website.
The Nomination Form and all documentation must be completed in English only.
Deadline: 30 November 2018
|Job Category||Research Opportunities|