The University of Surrey applications for Visiting International Fellowship for the year 2019 are ongoing. This International Fellowship is an exciting opportunity for scholars to visit the Department, contribute to its academic life and form new collaborations.
The key purpose of the Visiting International Fellowship (VIF) is to foster the development of sociological and/or criminological research, including, but not limited to, social research methods. The VIF is intended for established scholars, who are normally at least 5 years post-doctorate. The University of Surrey is a global community of ideas and people, dedicated to life-changing education and research. With a beautiful and vibrant campus, we provide exceptional teaching and practical learning to inspire and empower our students for personal and professional success.
Degree Level: This is a Visiting International Fellowship programme.
Available Subject: This International Fellowship is awarded within the Department of Sociology. The focus of this Visiting Fellowship can be on social research methods, in the broadest sense, a key strength and unifying feature of the Department, or on a substantive area of interest within the Department.
Scholarship Benefits: An award of £2,500 will be made as a contribution towards travel, accommodation and subsistence expenses incurred in holding this International Fellowship.
Eligible Nationalities: International students are eligible to apply for this visiting fellowship.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Applicants will normally hold or recently have held, an established academic appointment in social science. The International Fellowship committee regrets that it cannot consider applications from candidates seeking training or the updating of methodological skills. Proposals for collaborative research with members of the Department of Sociology are especially welcome.
Language Requirements: The following qualifications are accepted by the University as evidence that you meet our minimum level of competence in English:
- GCSE English Language grade C or Grade 4, or above
- Country equivalencies for GCSE English Language grade C/4 as defined on the Qualification Database
- iGCSE English as a First Language grade C, Second Language grade B, in all four elements
- International Baccalaureate English grade 4 at either standard or higher level where the IB meets the normal, academic, entrance requirements
- AS Level in English Language or English Literature
- A level in English Language or English Literature
- European Baccalaureate English 6 (Language 1/2) or 7 (Language 3)
- Successful completion of a University of Surrey Pre-sessional English Language programme immediately preceding the main degree programme
- Pearsons Test of English – the test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course
- IELTS (Academic) – the test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course
- TOEFL (ibt)- the test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English (ISE) – the test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English
Application Procedure: To apply, download an application form.
Applications should be sent by email as an attachment to Louise Jones, VIF Administrator.
Deadline: October 19, 2018
|Job Category||Training Opportunities|