The Douglas and Gordon Bonnyman Scholarship is available to postgraduate research students from any country studying for a Ph.D. in the arts or humanities. It is generously supported by the Linda and Gordon Bonnyman Charitable Trust and is based partly on financial need.
Nationalities Eligible: All Nationalities
Institution of Study: University of St. Andrews
Level of Study: Postgraduate Research
Field of study: Arts or humanities
Douglas and Gordon Bonnyman Scholarship offer: The award will be paid against tuition fees first, and the balance paid as maintenance if the tuition fee rate is below the annual award amount.
Duration of Scholarship: 3 years
Value of Scholarship (per year): £20,000
Number of Scholarships available: 2
Requirements for the scholarship:
- Your name, the name of your town of origin, school/college and the subject of study will be passed to the benefactors of your scholarship.
- Your scholarship award in subsequent years of study is conditional upon your successful completion of the academic requirements to progress in your proposed subject of study at the University of St Andrews.
- Attendance at Development related scholarship events (including invitations to meet the donors) is strongly encouraged. You will be invited to these as appropriate by the Development Office.
- Submission of reports throughout the period of scholarship support. You are required to submit an Introductory Biography at the start of your award period and the Development Office will contact you towards the end of each semester for a report on your time at St Andrew’s to share with the donors of your award.
Douglas and Gordon Bonnyman Scholarship Application :
- Applicants must articulate a need for support through a personal financial statement. Applicants from outside the UK should refer to the “How to apply” section below for more information on household income.
- After you have applied for your chosen Postgraduate Research Course, you will receive an email with instructions on how to access the catalog.
- If you are a current student at St Andrew’s, you can access Scholarships and Fund through MySaint. However, you should wait until after you have applied for your intended postgraduate programme before doing so, to ensure that the scholarship application is linked to that course.
- Please note that as part of the application for the Douglas and Gordon Bonnyman Scholarship, you will be asked to provide a statement of support from your prospective supervisor. It is therefore recommended that you ensure your supervisor is able to provide this in good time for the scholarship deadline before starting an application.
Scholarship application deadline: 11 April 2018
|Job Category||Art Opportunities|