DW Journalism Internship is looking for young people from all over the world interested in a comprehensive, exceptional quality journalism program with an international broadcaster.DW Akademie is Germany’s leading organization for international media development.
Candidates should have journalism experience or be passionate about switching to journalism from technology/IT, economics or the sciences. The program is looking for open-minded people full of creative ideas.
The program covers the range of skills a journalist of the future needs: TV moderation, multimedia storytelling, data journalism, social media and virtual reality – in seminars, workshops and of course the DW editorial offices and our correspondent bureaux in Washington, Moscow, and Brussels. DW trainees are involved in long-term innovative, international projects and have been honored in past years with the CNN Journalism Award and the Grimme Prize.
For the bilingual DW Intern the program is looking for:
- English native speakers with a good working knowledge of German
- German native speakers with an excellent working knowledge of English
- Native speakers of another DW program language (specifically Turkish, Russian, Farsi, Kiswahili and Hausa) with a good, working knowledge of both English and German.
Level of Study: Candidates must have completed a university or college degree or apprenticeship.
Institution of internship: DW Akademie Germany
Nationality Eligible: Worldwide
DW Journalism Internship entails:
- trainee salary
- Internship runs for 18 months
- international broadcaster in 30 languages
- cross-media: TV, online and radio
- six months of seminar blocks
- internships in Berlin and Bonn
- placement with DW foreign bureau
- international multimedia projects
- well-known media trainers
Application: Online application for DW Akademie Journalism Internship applicant must first register a user account. After receiving login information via email applicant can log in and start editing their application.
Please note that application will only be accepted if it is submitted before the application deadline.
The next traineeship program begins on September 1, 2018. Applications are open from December 1, 2017, to January 29, 2018. Only online applications made via the website will be accepted.
Deadline: January 29, 2018
|Job Category||Journalism Opportunities|