The FosterClub All-Star Internship Program was founded on the belief that youth who have successfully transitioned from foster care to responsible young adulthood are best suited to impact the transition of their younger peers. Since 2004, FosterClub All-Stars have been reaching out to other foster youth through conferences, trainings, and events.
Interns receive leadership training, help improve outcomes for foster youth transitioning out of care, educate peers and industry professionals, and change public perceptions about foster youth across the nation at conferences and events all summer long.
Institution of Internship: FosterClub headquarters in Seaside, Oregon
All-Star Internship Offer:
- Paid travel and housing expenses
- Cell phone reimbursement
Duration: 7-week summer residence internship
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 24 on on the internship start date
- Must have spent time in foster care
- Priority will be given to young people who have previously attended a FosterClub Teen Conference, participate on a Youth Advisory Board or Youth Council, or who have demonstrated leadership in another capacity (like through volunteer service, school or church involvement)
- Able to obtain required permits from a foster care agency if still in foster care
- Youth must be responsible and require minimal supervision
- All offers of employment and/or volunteer opportunities are made contingent upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks and the selected individual may not begin until background checks are completed.
- (Violations do not necessarily disqualify an applicant. Contact us at 503-717-1552 for any questions.)
- Must be able to gain permission to travel and be photographed
Application: Please answer the questions. Provide a paragraph or two for the essay questions. There are no right or wrong answers. The goal is to select an All-Star team that represents diversity in culture, race, educational experience, skills, personal qualities, and in foster care background. Just do your best to answer honestly and represent the true you!
If you have questions, please use this contact.
Application Deadline: Feb. 20th. 2018
|Job Category||Training Opportunities|