Future News Journalism Mentoring Programme aims to assist young people to develop a wide range of journalism skills .
Future News Worldwide is a unique partnership programme between the British Council and some of the world’s leading media organisations. It aims to assist young people to develop a wide range of journalism skills and to establish the UK as a global leader in the nurturing of young journalists and media figures.
The programme centres around a 2-day conference which takes place annually at the Scottish Parliament, Edinburgh. With English as the working language, the conference offers aspiring young journalists from across the globe the opportunity to develop practical and editorial skills and hear directly from some of the world’s most high-profile industry leaders.The 2018 conference will be held on 5 and 6 July 2018.
Award:Applicants will receive exclusive coaching from the world’s leading editors, broadcasters, writers and reporters, and see how publishers around the world are using technology to find stories and bring them to life like never before.
Eligibility: Students worldwide passionate about journalism, whether as a writer, blogger, vlogger, photographer, radio journalist or work in any other kind of media can apply for a place at Future News Worldwide 2018 as long as they meet the eligibility requirements below.
To apply for a place at Future News Worldwide 2018 you must be:
- Aged 18-25 on 1 July 2018
- A registered student, enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate course (of any subject) at a university or higher education institution
- A native speaker of English OR be able to speak English at IELTS level 6.5 or equivalent (a formal qualification is not required, just the ability to speak at this level)
- Not have participated in a previous iteration of Future News Worldwide or Future NEWS
- Dedicated to a career in journalism, in any form
- Available to travel to and from the UK on any date between 2 – 8 July 2018
Applicants based in Thailand : The application process is different for students based in Thailand. Please contact Pichit.Phromkade@britishcouncil.or.th and visit www.facebook.com/FutureJournalistAward.FJA for information on how to apply.
Application: Applicants should submit their application online
Deadline: 28 February 2018. 23:59 (GMT)
|Job Category||Journalism Opportunities|