Ghent University is offering FWO-SB Predoctoral Grant within the Department of Biomedical molecular biology. Applicants must have a masters degree in the field of biomedical sciences, biotechnology and biochemistry, or bioengineering or any related discipline
Ghent University is a top 100 university and one of the major universities in Belgium. Their 11 faculties offer a wide range of courses and conduct in-depth research in both exact and social sciences. Ghent University aims to encourage its students to adopt a critical approach within a creative, development-oriented educational and research environment.
Level of Study: Postgraduate
Study Subject: Grants are awarded within the Department of Biomedical molecular biology.
FWO-SB Predoctoral Grant Scholarship Award offers:
- The candidate will have access to state-of-the-art tools and facilities, a rich training environment and the possibility to collaborate with many other groups within an excellence-based research institute
- A working environment where quality work, trust, collaboration, and commitment are essential.
- A stimulating and supportive international research environment.
- An excellent training program that allows further development of technical, soft and informatics skills.
Nationality: Available for applicants of all nationalities.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- You have recently obtained or will soon be obtaining a Master degree in a core field of molecular life sciences (biochemistry, biomedical sciences, biotechnology, bio-engineering,), with very good study results.
- Candidates are expected to apply for external Ph.D. fellowships and need to be eligible for at least those fellowships obtainable from the Fund for Scientific Research-Flanders (FWO), except if they come with their own fellowships.
- English is used in all VIB laboratories for scientific communication. Therefore, candidates must have an excellent command of English.
- You are a team player with good communication skills.
- You are able to work independently in an accurate manner.
- You are motivated, dynamic and you report carefully.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Please send your CV, transcripts of study, a 500 word (max.) personal statements and contact info of two references. Please compile these documents into one PDF document and submit your online application.
Applications Deadline: July 31, 2018
|Job Category||Science Opportunities|