As the Warehouse and Materials Planning Intern you will be joining a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment as part of the Materials team. In this role, you will have an opportunity to work alongside experienced professionals within the field of materials planning, warehousing, and logistics. You will gain exposure supporting the production and scheduling teams and assist the greater organization in achieving its annual goals and objectives as an active participant.
Nature of work:
In this role, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to);
- Perform and oversee ERP transactions
- Assist in inventory accuracy analysis and corrections
- Develop and report on Key Performance Indicators
Role Summary/Purpose Position Title: Warehouse and Materials Planning Intern GE Business: Distributed power
Location: Welland, Ontario
Duration: 8 months
Anticipated Start Date: September 2018
Number of positions: 1-2
Reporting to: Anisha Chong
- Individuals with less than 2 years of work experience (outside of co-op/internship/summer work experience);
- Able to coordinate multiple priorities at one time
- Demonstrates analytical skills to problem-solve successfully
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, and Oracle or other ERP systems
- Able to work successfully in a team environment and independently
- College, University Bachelor or Master’s Degree in course of completion in Engineering (Systems or Industrial), Business Analytics, Operations, Supply Chain Logistics, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or equivalent related discipline.
- Open to both current students who will be returning to their in-class studies upon the completion of the work term and recent graduates who have completed their studies within the past 2 years
Candidates are to submit a cover letter and resume. It is a mandatory requirement that you identify your school, cumulative GPA, and anticipated graduation date as part of the application process. Please note that this position does not provide a subsidy for relocation expenses. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in joining GE.
About : GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through their people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Application Deadline: August 17, 2018
|Job Category||Training Opportunities|