The President Scholarship Competition (PSC) provides an opportunity for high-achieving high school seniors from across the country to compete for Georgia College’s most prestigious scholarships. The PSC awards scholarships to incoming first-year students with superior academic accomplishments.
These are among the most prestigious – and competitive – awards offered to freshmen.
Each year, approximately 60 students come to the Georgia College campus for the day-long scholarship competition. Students will interview with faculty, interact with current students, participate in a classroom experience and explore the beautiful campus.
The institution of Study: Georgia College
Level of study: current High School Senior
President Scholarship Competition Offer:
- Trustee Scholarships ($6,000 per year/$24,000 total)
- Presidential Scholarships ($4,000 per year/$16,000 total)
- Esther Cathy Endowed Presidential Scholarship (2)
- Joseph and Patricia Samprone Presidential Scholarship
- Chandler Family Endowed Presidential Scholarship
- Vera L. Vincent Scholarship for Liberal Arts and Sciences Study ($3,000 per year/$12,000 total)
- Goizueta Foundation Scholarship ($4,000 per year/$16,000 total)
Plus several more awards for top competitors—some of which include a travel stipend to study abroad and expand your liberal arts experience.
President Scholarship Competition Eligibility:
- Submit a President’s Scholarship Competition (PSC) Interest Form by November 9
- Be a current High School Senior
- Complete entire application for admission to Georgia College via Early Action (including a letter of recommendation, resume, and test scores).
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a teacher or school counselor (if not already submitted with application).
- Submit a resume of activities, awards, leadership roles, etc. (if not already submitted with application).
- Have a minimum 3.5 GPA (as calculated by the Office of Admission).
- Have a minimum 1310 on the NEW SAT or an ACT Composite Score of 28.
- Participate in the entire day-long competition, if invited.
How to apply: To apply for the President Scholarship Competition. Register to the College through the online registration portal
Deadline: November 9, 2018
|Job Category||Study Opportunity|