The Government Of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship award, tenable in Brunei Darussalam provides applicants with the opportunity to undertake Diploma, Undergraduate and Postgraduate Master’s Degree programmes in a number of institutions of higher education.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade is pleased to invite applications for the Government Of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship under the above Scholarship Award Scheme for the 2018/2019 academic session.
The academic year commences July/August 2018.
Nationality Eligible: Applications are open to citizens of, but not limited to, ASEAN, Commonwealth, and OIC member countries.
Government Of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship Offer:
- exemption from paying tuition fees including acceptance, examination, registration and orientation fees for the duration of the programme;
- an economy class air-ticket to Brunei Darussalam from the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/ country of domicile prior to the commencement of the course and an economy class air-ticket from Brunei Darussalam to the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the course;
- a monthly personal allowance of BND$500.00;
- a monthly meals allowance of BND$150.00;
- an annual book allowance of BND$600.00;
- accommodation at the residential college of the University/ Polytechnic;
- baggage allowance for shipment of the scholarship recipient’s personal effects to his country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the programme, at a maximum amount of:
- BND$250.00 to a country within the ASEAN region; or
- BND$500.00 to a country outside the ASEAN region;
- comprehensive insurance cover for the whole duration of the Scholarship. The scholarship recipient is urged to obtain additional insurance prior to his travel to Brunei Darussalam and for the whole duration of the Scholarship at his own expense.
Level of Study: Undergraduate
- Applicants should be nominated by their Government.
- Applicants must be certified to be medically fit to undertake the scholarship and to study in Brunei Darussalam, by a qualified medical practitioner who is registered with any Government Authority(ies) prior to arrival in Brunei Darussalam. Any and all costs incurred in obtaining this certification are to be borne by the applicant.
- Applicants must be, between the ages of 18-25 for Undergraduate and Diploma programmes and must not exceed the age of 35 for Postgraduate Master’s Degree programmes on the 31st July 2018.
- The award is NOT eligible to Brunei Darussalam Permanent Residents.
- conform to all the rules and regulations underlying this Scholarship;
- abide by the rules and regulations of his University/ Polytechnic;
- respect the customs, culture and official religion of Brunei Darussalam;
- obey all the laws and regulations of Brunei Darussalam;
- refrain from engaging in political activities;
- undergo health screening in Brunei Darussalam if deemed necessary by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
Application forms can be downloaded from the following link: APPLICATION FORM 2018-2019
Completed application forms are to be emailed to the following address: applyBDGS2018@mfa.gov.bn
Applicants applying to Universiti Brunei Darussalam must also complete an online application through https://apply.ubd.edu.bn/orbeon/uis-welcome/
Application Deadline: 28 February 2018
|Job Category||Study Opportunity|