At J. Walter Thompson we create pioneering solutions that build enduring brands and business. We have been connecting brands with consumers and creating engaging stories that shift behavior for over 150 years. We currently have over 200 offices in 90 countries that contain 10,000 of the brightest minds in the business.
We owe our growing success to the adoption of a set of simple principles we refer to as the 4 C’s: curiosity, collaboration, capability, and courage. It is the embodiment of these traits that make J. Walter Thompson unique. It is also what we look for in potential new hires
Walter Thompson is committed to leading an internship program that provides emerging talent with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience within a fast-paced agency environment while adding value and making an impact on their assigned teams.
The 2018 fall session will run from September 4, 2018, to December 14, 2018. We are actively seeking curious and collaborative candidates in the following disciplines: account management, analytics, strategic planning & social media.
Please include your preferred discipline(s) when applying.
- Coordination and execution of general requests in the daily running of the account, including meeting coordination and prep
- Project management assistance of production process, budget and timelines
- Timely documentation including contact reports, meeting notes and status reports
- Ensuring all internal departments have the necessary information, materials, and elements in a timely manner
- Collect and assemble web analytics and paid media data to support the development of client facing reports/dashboards.
- With statistical methods develop digital/paid media forecasts and targets.
- Provide a better understanding of a client’s customer base using CRM and consumer survey data.
- Use secondary research to provide business and competitive insights.
Digital Project Management
- Coordinates planning efforts for multiple projects including estimating and identification of tasks, activities, artifacts, and deliverable milestones as well as the documentation of the resulting plan.
- Helps manage a group of projects ensuring all are on time, within the scope and on budget
- Creates timely, accurate and thorough project plans, progress reports and scope change documents for each assigned project.
- Strategy ( students with interdisciplinary education preferred)
- Provide support for Digital, Brand and Communication Strategy
- Conduct research through social media analytics and tools to analyze Twitter, blogs, social networks and traditional media to obtain information on consumer conversations
- Assemble and report research findings to summarize key observations and communicate insights and patterns
- Learn how to use new research methods and content management systems
Qualifications and Key Attributes
- Currently enrolled in post-secondary education with a minimum of 2 years completed or recent graduate (within the last 12 months).
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Digital and social media savvy.
- Quick study and self-starter.
- Innately curious.
- Passion for learning.
Analytics – Educational background in programs that support business research and data analysis.
Strategy – Strong writing and research abilities required ( *please include samples of your writing along with your application)
Walter Thompson welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process
All resumes will be reviewed. Those selected for interviews will be contacted.
|Job Category||Business Opportunities|