The aim of European cross-border research grant by Journalismfund.eu is to promote quality journalism in Europe by giving journalists the chance to carry out journalistic research projects. Journalismfund.eu will support professional journalists, who have good ideas for cross-border research and for research on European affairs. The stories must be relevant for European target groups.
The project should be one that, in principle, could not be realized in this format within the remit of regular journalism – a project that can include cross-border research, networking between colleagues, established and innovative investigative methods and that is at the same time original, innovative and intensive.
What the organization supports:
- Journalismfund.eu supports investigative journalism research.
- The story must be relevant for audiences in Europe.
- The story should bring significant new information to the audiences.
- The result of the research must be published in media in two or more European countries. These media must reach a broad audience. If relevant the story should furthermore be published in media addressing European decision makers.
- Journalismfund.eu supports cross-border reporting. This means we support teams of journalists from two or more countries who pool competences from each their countries for the research and who publish to each their individual target group and if relevant towards EU decision makers.
- Journalismfund.eu supports European affairs reporting. This means we support teams of journalists from two or more countries who research a European Union story for publication to reach their target group and towards EU decision makers.
- Journalismfund on very rare occasions supports individual journalists covering European affairs if they fulfill the multiple publication requirements and if they have a good argument for working with colleagues from other countries.
- Journalismfund.eu supports costs related to journalistic research for all media. This can include travel, translation, access to pay-databases or simply time to research. We do not support fixed costs such as office costs, investments such as cameras or computers, nor do we support production costs.
Nationality Eligible: Europe
Grant Offer: Journalismfund.eu supports costs related to journalistic research for all media. This can include travel, translation, access to pay-databases or simply time to research. We do not support fixed costs such as office costs, investments such as cameras or computers or production costs.
- Journalismfund.eu supports journalists living in a Council of Europe country (geographical Europe). When relevant to the story, team members from elsewhere can be accepted, too.
- Applicants must be working as professional journalists.
- Only natural persons are eligible.
- Students are not eligible.
- Journalists who were previously allocated a Journalismfund.eu working grant can reapply, but the jury will include the result of previous working grants in their evaluation of the new application.
- A confirmation e-mail will be sent to you within a week after the deadline.
- Journalismfund.eu crosschecks whether all documents and necessary information are there. This usually takes one week.
- The jury members then start reading and evaluating the applications. This takes one week or more depending on the number of applications. Once the jury members are ready they meet in a skype conference and make the final decision. Journalismfund.eu then informs the applicants about the decision of the jury.
- Applicants who get a research grant sign a contract with Journalismfund.eu about expected publication date, payments etc – see document attached.
- Applicants report back to Journalismfund.eu on the state of the research regularly.
- Shortly prior to research applicants and Journalismfund.eu talk about how to best promote a given story broadly and beyond the initial publications.
- After publication applicants are invited to participate in conferences to network and to share their experiences and method with other journalists.
- Thursday, February 15, 2018
- Tuesday, May 1, 2018
- Monday, October 1, 2018
- Thursday, November 15, 2018
|Job Category||Journalism Opportunities|