Our objective is to improve access and quality of education for needy students through KCB scholarships, learning materials, and improved public school infrastructure.
Application Deadline: 15th December 2017.
The institution of Study: various Kenyan high school institutions.
Country of Study: Kenyan
Scholarship Value: The KCB Scholarship package entails:
- Payment of school fees for the 4 years of secondary school
- Support for personal effects, learning materials and assistive devices for students with disability
- Quarterly one-on-one mentorship sessions with KCB branch staff and an annual holiday mentorship program
- Internship and employment opportunities during and after the university studies
- Equitable distribution across the counties and gender balance is sort to ensure both boys and girls benefit from the program.
Nationality Eligible: Kenyan citizen
Level of education: High school education
- The applicant must come from a needy home
- The applicant must attain the prescribed county cut off marks in the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) examination
- The applicant must have a calling latter to a national or county/ex-county secondary school
How to apply
- Applicants collect application forms at any KCB Branch countrywide. The forms can download them here or you can get them at KCB branches starting 1st December.
- Applicants submit their applications in a county interview and selection process.
- The interviews are conducted by KCB staff teams.
- Applicants with disability are recruited through the county social development offices and integrated /special primary schools.
- Home visits are conducted to verify the needy status of the shortlisted candidates.
- Selected candidates are assigned to individual mentors and begin school.