The new Manly Trust Engineering Bursary is available on offer starting from October 2018. The bursary is available to pursue an undergraduate degree programme in Engineering in the Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences (FEPS).
The Manly Trust’s primary objective is to advance the science of engineering by granting financial assistance to organizations that encourage an interest in STEM subjects amongst young people or that promote or provide education in engineering.
The University of Surrey is a public research university located in the county town of Guildford, Surrey, in the South East of England, United Kingdom. The university specializes in science, engineering, medicine, and business.
Course Level: Manly Trust Engineering Bursary is available to pursue an undergraduate degree programme.
Study Subject: Bursary is awarded in Engineering in the Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences (FEPS) at the University of Surrey.
Scholarship Award: The Manly Trust Engineering Bursary has agreed to provide a gift of £9,000 over three years (£3,000 per year, not including Professional Placement Year).
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this bursary.
Number of Scholarships: one
Eligibility: To be eligible, you must have an offer to study from the University of Surrey. You must also have attended a State Secondary School / Sixth Form College in either Surrey, Kent, Hampshire, East or West Sussex, and meet one or more of the following Widening Participation criteria:
From neighborhoods where higher education participation is low as defined by home postcode, known as a low participation neighborhood (LPN) (Check the eligibility of your postcode – Quintiles 1 and 2 qualify)
- You are a female student (an under-represented group in Engineering)
- From Black or Minority Ethnic (BME) group
- Neither parent has attended university.
English Language Requirements: The following qualifications are accepted by the University as evidence that you meet the minimum level of competence in English:
- GCSE English Language grade C or Grade 4, or above
- Country equivalencies for GCSE English Language grade C/4 as defined on the Qualification Database
- iGCSE English as a First Language grade C, Second Language grade B, in all four elements
- International Baccalaureate English grade 4 at either standard or higher level where the IB meets the normal, academic, entrance requirements
- AS Level in English Language or English Literature
- A level in English Language or English Literature
- European Baccalaureate English 6 (Language 1/2) or 7 (Language 3)
- Successful completion of a University of Surrey Pre-sessional English Language programme immediately preceding the main degree programme
- Pearsons Test of English – the test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course
- IELTS (Academic) – the test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course
- TOEFL (ibt)- the test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English (ISE) – the test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English
How to Apply: To apply for this bursary, students with offers from the University of Surrey should complete an application form and then send the completed form to bursaries and scholarships-at-surrey.ac.uk by 21 July 2018.
Successful students will be advised of their application following confirmation of their A-level results and place at Surrey.
Applications Deadline: July 21, 2018
|Job Category||Engineering Opportunities|