The Mastercard Foundation Graduate Scholars Program at the University of Gondar awards a total of 160 graduate scholarships in the coming eight years, starting from 2018/19. The scholarship will directly benefit academically talented but disadvantaged youth from five East African countries – Ethiopia, Somalia, Eritrea (refugees in camps located in Ethiopia), Djibouti and South Sudan.
The Graduate Scholars Program is designed to help Scholars to acquire transformational and leadership skills and demonstrate high professional and scholarly competencies to effectively influence global, regional, national and local socioeconomic development trends. The Program is technically and financially supported by Mastercard Foundation and will avail excellent academic and non-academic support to Scholars during their stay at the University of Gondar.
THE ELIGIBLE PROGRAMS ARE:
Nationality Eligible: Ethiopia, Somalia, Eritrea (refugees in camps located in Ethiopia), Djibouti and South Sudan.
Level of Study: Postgraduate
The institution of Study: University of Gondar
Graduate Scholars Program Eligibility:
- Earned a Bachelor’s degree in a discipline relevant to their proposed graduate program from recognized University using English as a medium of instruction in the past 5 years with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale) at graduation;
- Be a citizen and permanent resident of Ethiopia (and residents of Ethiopia for at least five years at the time of their application),
- Have financial difficulty to finance graduate university education; and,
- Have leadership/community giveback experience or potential
- Applicants currently enrolled in any graduate program at UoG at the time of application cannot apply for Mastercard Foundation scholarship award.
- Students from Somalia, Eritrea, South Sudan and Djibouti will be able to apply for a graduate scholarship for the September 2019 entry.
How to apply
Applications can be completed and submitted online. You can also Download a Paper Application (English) form and send by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or mail (Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program; P.O. Box 1082; Gondar, Ethiopia) after filling the required information along with scanned copies of relevant testimonials and credentials.
The following resources provide more information about the University of Gondar, campus facilities, policies and university regulations. If you have any question or cannot find specific information, please contact us (website: www.uogqueensmcf.com; email: email@example.com).
Application Deadline:30 November 2018 (provisional, may change)
|Job Category||Study Opportunity|