By taking part in the Japan Internship Program, people from developing countries can study overseas business strategies at Japanese companies and acquire the skills and expertise of Japanese companies, becoming trained as global leaders capable of working in Japan, in their home countries, and in the wider world in future.
Nationality Eligible: Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, India, China, Japan and OECD/DAC-listed countries
The institution of Internship: Private-sector companies, industry associations, and non-profit corporations in Japan. Host companies are determined after matching by the Program Office and subsequent approval by the Screening Committee.
Level of Study: Postgraduate
Japan Internship Program offer:
- Allowance: 4,000 yen per day for living expenses. This amount is payable per day for the entire duration of the internship (except for international students living in Japan, who will be paid for active days only)
- Round-trip economy class air ticket, travel insurance (international students in Japan not eligible)
- Internship insurance
- Transportation and accommodation expenses including training program fee when participating in training
Japan Internship Program Eligibility:
- Holding citizenship of an eligible country or region.
- Proficiency in Japanese language (JLPT level N3 or higher) or proficiency in English.
- As a rule, applicants should be at least 20 years of age and no older than 40 as at June 30, 2018.
- Applicants must be also able to submit a school or university enrolment or graduation certificate and a letter of recommendation from an affiliated university or institution etc.
- Able to undertake both the internship and preliminary training full-time at the host company. (International students must also able to balance these against their studies)
- Other requirements meeting any individual conditions stipulated by the host company.
- Applicant must not have participated in this Program in 2016, 2017.
What will be expected of the intern?
- Formulating an internship plan (roles/goals, etc. of an intern) in consultation with the Internship manager
- Participating in Pre-training, follow-up training, and wrap up the presentation
- Undertaking the internship full-time during the internship period (international students living in Japan must ensure this is balanced with academic work)
- Undertaking management of their own safety and health as thoroughly as possible, including gathering emergency information for Japan, as well as communication, reporting, and consultation with the Program Office and the host company
- Submitting a variety of documents, notifications, reports, evaluation reports, etc. before coming to Japan, as well as during and after the internship period
- Appropriate Behaviour demonstrating awareness as a beneficiary of public funds received from the Japanese government
How to apply:
Registration to the Japan Internship Program is accepted online via the registration form on the Program Office website.
Based on the application content, aptitude and experience/ability as an intern, understanding of the program intent, and any hopes and conditions in regard to the host company will be confirmed.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2018
|Job Category||Business Opportunities|