Misk Grand Challenges , offers innovators a grant of $100,000 to develop their ideas into a concrete proof of concept.The challenges will focus on two themes Global Citizenship and Education.
Looking for innovative ideas on how young people can help deliver the Global Goals for Sustainable Development. The Global Citizenship challenges seek to create a generation of young people committed to achieving these Global Goals, which include eradicating poverty, promoting health and well-being, delivering on gender equality and ensuring responsible consumption and production. Apply here
Looking for innovative solutions to the challenges the education systems face in providing high quality teaching to all students. Each challenge will focus on a different aspect of the education system, and will seek to identify the critical barriers to success. We want your bright ideas to help remove these barriers.Apply here
- Misk Grand Challenges plans to open two application windows each year, for three years. Each window may include new challenges as well as continue previous challenges.
- The first application window opens on 14 November 2017 and will be open for six months.
- Projects are not required to be focused in particular geographic areas.
- There is no age requirement, but young people are encouraged to apply.
- Misk Grand Challenges innovators should be linked to an institution capable of receiving a grant. Our grants will not be made to individual people.
- Applicants proposed solutions should target people under 30, in addition to any specific criteria mentioned in individual challenges.
For more information click here
Award: Total US $100,000 each, to be provided over two years, with an opportunity to apply for follow-on funding afterwards.
Winners will be based on how well ideas overcome the specific challenge. Winners can then use their $100,000 grant to develop ideas into a successful proof of concept.
Alongside funding, winners will be invited to join a network of global change makers by:
- Attending the 2nd annual ‘Goalkeepers’ event in September 2018. Organized by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and Project Everyone, this event aims to accelerate progress on the Global Goals by bringing together new generations of leaders to tackle extreme poverty and disease.
- Attending the Misk Global Forum, an annual gathering that brings young leaders, creators and thinkers together with established global innovators to explore, experience and experiment with ways to meet the challenges of change.
- joining a virtual community of Grand Challenges awardees and partners a network of over 2,500 awardees
Deadline: May 2018