2018 Mitsubishi Corporation International Scholarships is brought to you courtesy of The Japan Educational Exchange and Services (JEES), with the support of Mitsubishi Corporation (Takehiko Kakiuchi, President and CEO), to applicants based on the following requirements.
Application Deadline: December 18, 2017
Institution of Study: Various Japanese Universities
Country of Study: Japan
Scholarship Value: Undergraduate: ¥100,000/Month, Graduate / Doctorate: ¥150,000/Month
Nationality Eligible:International Students
Level of education: undergraduate, graduate and doctoral
Only applicants who meet all of the following criteria will be considered:
(1) A student with citizenship of a country other than Japan and who is paying their own expenses
(2) Someone who intends to study in Japan as an official undergraduate student, graduate student or doctoral student as of April 2018.
※ Eligibility of universities and graduate schools will be determined after discussions with the Scholarship Provider. ※ Applicants must have “College Student” visa.
※ Applicants must belong to following grades；
・undergraduate ・graduate ・doctoral
3rd or 4th year (5th or 6th year if studying in a 6-year course) :1st or 2nd year
:1st to 3rd year (2nd to 4th year if studying in a 4-year course)
:1st to 5th year (3rd to 5th year if master’s degree is NOT obtainable when completing 2nd year)
(3) Someone in need of financial assistance (someone who pays for a large portion of their own expenses through part-time work, etc.)
(4) Someone who doesn’t receive other scholarships except for loan scholarships, tuition exemption or one-time lump sum scholarships.
(5) Someone who is eligible to receive the Scholarship at least for one year.
(6) Someone who has not received the Mitsubishi Corporation International Scholarship in the past. (7) A talented, well-behaved individual who is in good health, both mentally and physically.
How to apply
(1) Application Form (Attachment 1): 1 form
In principle, this form should be completed in Japanese. However, for students enrolled in courses that are conducted entirely in English, the form may be completed in English.
(2) Applicant Photo: 1 photo
Must be taken within the last 6 months. 4.0cm length by 3.0 width, upper body included, head uncovered. Write Applicant’s name on the reverse side and attach to the Application Form
(3) Letter of Recommendation from University Head (Attachment 2): 1 form
Reasons for recommendation should be written by a current professor or another similar person of authority
(4) A copy of the Applicant’s official academic transcript for 2016 1 form
If transcripts are unavailable, the Applicant must attach a written explanation (format not fixed).