The Conrad N. Hilton Foundation is currently seeking nominations for its 2019 Hilton Humanitarian Prize which is the world’s largest annual humanitarian award presented to nonprofit organizations judged to have made extraordinary contributions toward alleviating human suffering.
The Prize is not only intended to recognize and advance the efforts of the recipient organization but also to call attention to the worldwide need for humanitarian aid and to encourage others to expand their support.
Every year, the foundation receives hundreds of nominations from around the world for the Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize.
Key areas that are considered include:
- Extraordinary contributions toward alleviating human suffering,
- An established record of achievement,
- Innovation in program design,
- Demonstration of effective partnerships,
- Organizational capacity and administrative efficiency,
- Ability to serve as a model for other nonprofits and the demonstration of impact.
- Nominees must be organizations, not individuals.
- Nominees must be established, nongovernmental, publicly supported charitable organizations. U.S. Internal Revenue Service tax-exempt status—or the equivalent for international organizations—will determine eligibility. (International nominees will be contacted by the Foundation for appropriate documentation.)
- Nominees must be legally established for at least five years in order to be considered.
- Nominees must have expenditures greater than the U.S. $750,000 in their most recent audited fiscal year of operation.
- It is strongly encouraged that if a nominee has multiple branch offices that the umbrella organization is the nominee.
- The nominator should have direct knowledge of the nominated organization’s work.
- The nominator may not be an officer or employee—or any other individual receiving remuneration for his or her services from the nominated organization. Board members may nominate providing they receive no payment for their service.
- The nominator may not be a family member of an officer or employee of the nominated organization.
- The nominator may not be the founder of the nominated organization.
- The nominator may not be a Conrad N. Hilton Foundation employee, board member, Prize juror or a family member of a Foundation employee, board member, or Prize juror.
- The nominator may not be a Hilton family member.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
Deadline: 25 October 2018
|Job Category||Social Work Opportunities|