Up to fifty Marshall Scholarships will be awarded in 2019. Of these up to eight Scholarships will be for one year only. The one year Marshall Scholarship is aimed at applicants who wish to study in the UK, but have strong reasons that would mean a one-year Scholarship would work better for them than the traditional two years Marshall Scholarship.
To be eligible for a 2019 Marshall Scholarships, candidates must:
- be citizens of the United States of America (at the time they apply for a scholarship);
- (by the time they take up their scholarship ie September 2019) hold their first undergraduate degree from an accredited four-year college or university in the United States;
- have obtained a grade point average of not less than 3.7 on their undergraduate degree. (Applicants must have a GPA of 3.7 at the time of application). We do not accept rounded GPA’s.
- have graduated from their first undergraduate college or university after April 2016.
- not have studied for, or hold a degree or degree-equivalent qualification from a British University or GCSE or A-Levels taken at a school in the UK.
Duration: The one year Marshall Scholarships will be tenable for 12 months and it will not be possible to extend this Scholarship beyond this period.
It is a condition of the award that Marshall Scholars must proceed to a degree that can be completed within the 12 months and so it will not be possible to use this Scholarship for research which does not lead to a degree in the UK.
How to apply:
The application form for the one year Marshall Scholarship is different from the application for the two-year Marshall Scholarship and candidates will be asked to identify which Scholarship they wish to apply for when registering for the online application. Please note that candidates are only allowed to apply for either the one year or the two-year Marshall Scholarship. Any candidate found applying for both will automatically be disqualified.
To apply, you must create an account. Please make a note of the e-mail address you have used and your password, as you will need it if you wish to work on your application for more than one session. To apply please go here and click Register New User.
Deadline: 1 October 2018.
|Job Category||Study Opportunity|