STL Scholarship offered by STL is committed to making the program accessible to qualified candidates and there are a limited number of international fellowships and partial tuition scholarships and other financial awards available to successful applicants. Applicants are also encouraged to consider scholarships for which they are qualified.
Course of Study: Law
Country of Study: China
Institution of study: Peking University School of Transnational Law
Nationality Eligible: Be a national citizen of one of the countries in the Belt and Road action plan or any other country associated with the Initiative
Scholarship offer: Scholarship covers twenty-five (25) percent of STL’s full program tuition.
- Law background or training: Law degree (J.D., J.M., or LL.B.), or licensed to practice law in their home, or masters-level degree in a related area with a significant law background.
- Official undergraduate degree certificate/diploma from a recognized university before enrollment in August. (Upon application, you can substitute a letter on school letterhead stating that you are a student in good standing and expected to receive a diploma before the August enrollment date.)
- English proficiency as demonstrated by a native speaker, completion of a program taught entirely in English, or test scores: a minimum score of 92 in TOEFL IBT or 6.5 in IELTS with 7.0 in IELTS writing.
- Valid foreign passport.
STL Scholarship Requirements:
- Application Form for International Students (Master Programs) automatically produced by an online application.
- Personal statement: Submit a personal statement explaining the reasons you are pursuing an LL.M. degree and how the degree will help you advance your plans and goals. (700 to 1000 words)
- Official transcripts: Submit official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions.
- Official degree certificates/diplomas: Submit official degree certificates/diplomas (authenticated copies of documents with authenticated English translations if documents are not in English). (Upon application, you can substitute a letter on school letterhead stating that you are a student in good standing and expected to receive an official degree certificate/diploma before the August enrollment date.) The original of the highest diploma received must be presented in person upon enrollment.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
- Letters of Recommendation: At least two signed letters of recommendation from professors, employers, or others familiar with your academic and professional qualifications. (original). If sealed, please send the letters with your hard copies of the original documentation or separately, but clearly labeled with the same address above.
- Proof of English Competency: One photocopy of results of TOEFL or IELTS examination (unless you are a native English speaker or you have a degree from a postsecondary institution entirely conducted in the English language).
- Copy of valid passport, or identification card, preferably with three or more years to expiration at the time of application
STL Scholarship Application:
There are two (one online, one hard copy) submissions of the application materials and one notification email that is required to be finished before your application is considered complete:
Please fill out the online application form and upload other required application materials on the Peking University Application Portal here.do by referring to the Instruction for Online Application, which provides step-by-step application instructions with screenshots to help avoid any confusion. Please also note the formats and file sizes requested before uploading the application materials.
Please send a trackable delivery method that gives you confirmation of receipt, hard copies of the original documentation including any sealed letters of recommendation.
Deadline: March 31, 2018
|Job Category||Law Opportunities|