The Postgraduate Training Scholarships degree programme is open to candidates from a range of disciplines including clinical and other health-related fields; statistics and other quantitative fields, as well as demography and social sciences. The degree programme should also appeal to candidates who want to become more involved in research in health-related fields.
Nationality Eligible: WHO African Countries
Level of Study: Postgraduate
The institution of Study: University of the Witwatersrand
- Be resident in and a national of a low- or middle-income country in the WHO African Region
- Applicants should normally be 35 or younger for the Master Programme. Women are encouraged to apply.
- Be interested in developing a career in implementation research on infectious diseases of poverty.
- Be proficient in English.
- Meet the Programme’s requirements:
Postgraduate Training Scholarships Offer:
The scheme will provide full scholarships for seven Masters in the 2019 academic year and covers the following:
- Return economy airfare.
- Tuition fees.
- Basic medical and accident insurance.
- Monthly stipend to cover living expenses including accommodation.
- Support for the research project expenses.
How to apply for the Postgraduate Training Scholarships
The application process is two-fold.
1) Application to the University of the Witwatersrand
Apply by completing a University of the Witwatersrand postgraduate application form online at:
The application fee is R200 for both international and local applications. Applicants should note to apply for accommodation also.
2) Application for the TDR scholarship
The application for the TDR scholarship should be made separately in writing and should include the following documents:
- A letter of motivation for applying for the scholarship.
- A certified copy of the bio-data page of the passport.
- Evidence of application to study Implementation Science as the field of study in the MSc Epidemiology Programme at the University of the Witwatersrand of the School of Public Health commencing in the 2019 academic year.
- A comprehensive curriculum vitae including a description of relevant research and work experience.
- Two confidential referee reports should be sent directly by the referees to Mrs. Gloria Bowes (Gloria.Bowes@wits.ac.za).and copied to Prof. Latifat Ibisomi (Latifat.Ibisomi@wits.ac.za).
Application Deadline: 31 July 2018
|Job Category||Study Opportunity|