The Griffith University is offering Pro Vice Chancellor (Health) Doctor of Medicine Scholarship for commencing and enrolling as a new a full-time student in the Doctor of Medicine degree. This scholarship is available for citizens of a country other than Australia or New Zealand.
The aim of the Doctoral of Medicine scholarship is to provide financial help to international students.
Griffith University is a public research university in South East Queensland on the east coast of Australia. Formally founded in 1971, Griffith opened its doors in 1975, introducing Australia’s first degrees in environmental science and Asian studies.
The institution of Study: The Griffith University
Course Level: Scholarship is available to study Doctoral degree programme.
Study Subject: Pro Vice Chancellor Scholarship is awarded to study the Doctoral of Medicine.
Scholarship Award: Scholarships will be assessed and awarded based on recommendations by a University panel.
This scholarship is valued at $10,000 in total. The Pro Vice Chancellor scholarship is for tuition fees only and two payments of $5,000 will be made toward each recipient’s tuition fees in the first year of the program by School of Medicine’s respective census dates.
Eligible Nationalities: This scholarship is available for citizens of a country other than Australia or New Zealand.
- Be a citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand.
- Have applied and be eligible for admission, or be in receipt of a conditional or unconditional offer from the University, for entry into the Doctor of Medicine by the scholarship closing date.
- Have satisfied all appropriate entry requirements for the proposed degree program, including results of the previous study and English language proficiency as per Griffith University’s entry requirements.
- Be commencing and enrolling as a new a full-time student in the Doctor of Medicine degree at Griffith University.
- Language Requirements: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English the candidate should have a very good command over the English language.
Application Procedure: Applicants must provide and will be assessed by a University panel on:
- A completed scholarship application form by the published closing date.
- A certified/attested true copy of academic transcripts and supporting documentation demonstrating strong academic merit.
- Assessment of a Personal Statement addressing the three questions listed below for applicants to outline their merit for the scholarship:
- Demonstrate (and provide examples of) your knowledge of the profession of medicine and the broader role of medicine in the health care system.
- Demonstrate (and provide examples of) your leadership and teamwork skills. Please also indicate your career plans for the future.
- Outline any challenges you have faced in your education and in what way you have sought to overcome these challenges.
Deadline: November 2, 2018
|Job Category||Medical Opportunities|